Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 blazers or quickspins >

blazers or quickspins

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

blazers or quickspins

Old 12-30-2005, 09:20 AM

Default blazers or quickspins

I am getting ready to go and buy me some new arrows, but I would like to fletch tem myself. If you were trying to to figure out which to go with what would you pick? I was thinking of going with NAP quickspins because I have heard good things about them or blazers because they seem to be well recognized as a good vane and are alot cheaper. What are the downfalls to each vane. Thanks
Old 12-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: blazers or quickspins

I shoot the quickspins and couldn't ask for anything better. Invest in them, and you'll b happy.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:39 AM

From the looks of your post I assume you are new to fletching arrows. I will tell you that you will make some mistakes. I have heard good things about both vanes, but I have not shot either, therefore I cannot recommend one over the other. If you do decide to get the Quickspins, get some cheaper vanes to practice with first. That way, if you mess up, you won't be out of expensive vanes.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't tried the Quickspins and I just newly fletch a dozen ACC's with the Blazers but haven't shot them yet. I do know with the Blazers you have to be sure of fletch clearance as they have a higher profile.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:40 AM

My grandfather also my hunting buddy has been fletching arrows for a while and will learn from him. But is it real hard to fletch arrows?
Old 12-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is a simple process, fletching arrows that is! I've shot both the QS and the blazers, currently shooting blazers and won't use QS again. The QS were delicate, meaning anytime the arrow went into/through anything the vanes were then wavy, if not ripped! For the price that they cost, they should be tougher than they are. I am very pleased with the blazers. It amazes me that the little suckers can do what they do. They are very tough, go through a target of any kind, including live animals, and they are still good to go and do it again. I shoot fixed broadheads and they stabilize my arrows very well. I also use the WB and the blzers show no ill-effect because of that! IMO, Ya can't beat the blazers for the price!
Old 12-31-2005, 06:39 AM

i have shot the qs and took them off my arrows. i did put the blazer vanes on the 2in version. they fly great and are very tough, also they are a little bit lighter so you pick-up! some speed too! i will stay withe blazer,s. they fly like a dart all the way out to 40yrds. good luck SILENTSAM