Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mathews or hoyt

Old 12-26-2005, 05:30 PM

Default mathews or hoyt

Hi guys i currently own a 2004 mathews lx and think its good, but i just shot a hoyt power tec and loved it. it fit me perfect. I have a few question though, what type of strings come stock on hoyt and also are they any faster then mathews, and are the hard to tune. Thanks Dan
Old 12-26-2005, 05:41 PM

Default RE: mathews or hoyt

I had a LX until 2 weeks ago and i bought me a switchback!, im not a big fan of hoyt and im not sure about that string situation, but i will say this if you like the LX you should shoot the swithcback it comes with cobra zebra strings and its the real deal the smoothest bow i have ever shot. give it a try, but more importantly go with what feels best to you.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

try the swichback i love mine
Old 12-26-2005, 08:53 PM

Switchback xt all the way!! awesome bow
Old 12-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to own an Outback and went back to Hoyt, best bows out there IMO bar none, try a Trykon first. Mathews makes great bows dont get me wrong, I just like the new Trykon alot, shoot The Switchback and the Trykon and make a decision, let yourself be the judge.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do yourself a favor and shoot the '06 Bowtechs before laying down any moolah...
Old 12-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Both will be perfect so of the thousands of opinions on the Hoyt vs Mathews saga, which one of us will you hand pick to believe? Answer, only you can decide.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Both will be perfect so of the thousands of opinions on the Hoyt vs Mathews saga, which one of us will you hand pick to believe? Answer, only you can decide.
Exactly right.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mdbohuntr

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Exactly right.

Try thy new Ross. This is the bow that I am trading my outback on!
Old 12-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The problem with Ross is they arent out there in many shops which makes trying their bows impossible for me and many others. I wanted to have one shipped to my house with my credit card info as colateral to shoot the bow but that didnt fly, not sure why, if anything happened they could have just charged my card. I'll stick to Hoyt and Mathews.

Actually I think I know why, they only want to ship to dealers and or distributors which there arent any in maryland or anywhere close to me, thats why.

Quick Reply: mathews or hoyt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.