Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how is it done?

Old 10-14-2002, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default how is it done?

i plan to get into archery this spring so i will be ready for next fall....how do you sight in your broadheads but still practice with you field tips so you dont destroy your targets and dull all your broadheads? do you designate one broad head for targets...and fine tune it with that and set that one as a last resort broadhead in hunting season and practice with field tips and dont worry where they hit just how they group or how do you do that? seems sensless to ruin targets with broadheads and have to sharpen them all before the season...maybe thats what must be done..i duno...what do you do?

Old 10-14-2002, 05:08 PM

Default RE: how is it done?

If you plan on using mechanical heads, they shoot almost exactly like your field tips do. Fixed-Blade broadheads my create a problem. I like to shoot until I am comfortable with the grouping of my field tips and my form. Then I got from there and sightin my fixed-blades. Sometimes they will shoot very well, other times they will shoot poorly. If you fail to sight in fixed-blades, switch to a quality mechanical head, and you wil be shooting fine.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much every question you asked is answered on here at some point. Keep paying attention to what people post. Also it wouldn't hurt to find someone knowledgeable and experienced that you could talk to in person. Practice with field points, but switch to Broadheads a few weeks before the season. Nearly all fixed heads have replaceable blades and I strongly recommend using that rather than sharpening your own.

Some things are true whether you believe them or not.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:40 PM

www.slicktrick.net
try these you'll never have to resight!
"dw"

YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!