Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Planting the seed - *Update* Success!! >

Planting the seed - *Update* Success!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Planting the seed - *Update* Success!!

Old 12-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Planting the seed - *Update* Success!!

Well being that I've never bowhunted before, I think its time I gave it a shot. I've shot a bow a few times, enough to know that I want to practice and go hunting with it, butI don't have a bow..[&:]

Then I came up with my master plan.

As you all know Christmas is quickly approaching. Now I know that if I ask my wife for a bow for christmas, I would not get it simply because she likes to surprise me. If I asked for it and she got it for me, then there would be no surprise. I decided to ask her brother to help me out. I told him to pull her aside at some point and tell her that if she really wanted to surprise me with something, then she should buy me a bow.

I know I know, it wasn't a very nice thing to do but I feel it was for the greater good..As long as she never finds out that I put him up to this, then she will be content in knowing that she got me something that I really liked and "surprised" the heck out of me...I know that I will probably be going straight to hell for this, especially if by some small chance she finds out but it's acalculated riskI'm willing to take....

Wish me luck...
Old 12-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Planting the seed

Sounds like an excellent plan, good luck with it and welcome to the addiction.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:34 PM

I know what tricking the wife is all about. I have to tell mine I'm a collector so i can buy a new firearm every year. They might be worth something in 50 years ya never know. SHHHHHH Our secret.........
Old 12-21-2005, 10:10 PM

nice!
Old 12-26-2005, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'm very happy to say that it worked!! Only problem is, is that I'm not sure what she bought me. Her brother told her to buy a matthews bow, but when she went to the sports store, the guy told her not to spend all that money on a first bow but to buya Parker instead. (I'll be speaking with this gentleman later..) It is a parker buck hunter with a 70# draw. I have to admit, I don't know much about bows, is parker a decent brand name? God bless my wife for buying this for me, now I need to bring it to where she bought it and have it fitted. I'm pretty excited and she was happier than heck knowing that she got me something I really wanted.
There is only 5 days left in the season here so I'll just wait til next year to bring it hunting.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is nothing the mater with a Parker bow it will throw sticks like the rest of them, but on that note usually (not always but usually) you get what you pay for in archery!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:17 AM

Default RE: Planting the seed - *Update* Success!!

Good luck!
Old 12-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

you should be ashamed of yourself...tricking your wife like that....lol...but i guess if it's going to get you into bowhuntin' then you should be forgiven....good luck with the bow and be safe.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:25 PM

I know I would NEVER do anything like that.......[&:][8D]
Old 12-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I"ll remember that for when i got a wife

Quick Reply: Planting the seed - *Update* Success!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.