Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ground blind

Old 12-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ground blind

I've been looking at some ground blinds that are marked down real cheap
the doghouse($50) or the outhouse($40).anybody have apreference and why?I have never used one,any input would be helpful
Old 12-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ground blind

You aren't gonna bowhunt out of the outhouse, as it is much to small. Between those two I would definately go with the doghouse. You can bowhunt out of it or 2 people can gun hunt out of it. The outhouse is really only good for one person, gun hunting.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

We bought one this year at my deer camp and left it set up in a decent spot. It was for common use. Guys used it to eat lunch/warm up while continuing to hunt. One guy shot a buck from it but it was with a rifle. I don't know if deer would tolerate it at close range.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:27 PM

you really should buy a "hub" style blind. i got my son a stackhouse, it works fine but if i had it to do over again i would have bought a hub style. he took his first bow kill out of it this year at 15 yards.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:30 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Rhody H. don't buy the outhouse to small, i used one this past season with a xbow to small. The deer were never bother by it, had a spiker come in to about 9yds. couldn't figure it and me out. Rich
Old 12-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

I'v taken 4 deer from dog house blinds this year so far. Theyre a one person deal with a bow but the deer dont mind them much. I put them in pre season usually so they get used to them. One tho I put up on a tuesday & got 2 that friday. They were looking at it for sure but not scared, just curious. I have a bigger one from hunters view I believe. Basically just a bigger doghouse & that one can fit 2 easy & 3 if you really wanted. 7'x7' & over 6 feet tall. I think it was called a lodge but it doesn't have the mesh. In my experience the deer are more concerened with the black holes than a meash covered window. I still get deer from it but it bothers them & theyre way more caucious.
I just got but havent used yet a Yukopn tracks Commander blind. Same basic design as a dog house but its 78" x 78" x 80" tall. It has the mesh & the window configuratrion is different. $60 I think from sportsmans guide, thats where I got all of them. I also have a hub type but never used it. Nothing against it & I know it'll work but I find the pop ups so easy to use I go to them first.
Dont buy the outhouse unless thats what you want it for. An outhouse, thats all its really big enuff for, a guy with a 5 gal bucket fit in there nice.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brickhouse.
Large enough to easily bowhunt. Very sturdy. great weather pretection. reasonably priced. Great for 2 gun hunters
Do not buy the outhouse to bow hunt. Its barely big enough to gun hunt and due to the shape it is not good foul weather protection. All the rain or snow comes in the thing
Old 12-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the advice maybe i'll get the doghouse
Old 12-20-2005, 05:48 PM
neb
Typical Buck

The double Bull isyour best blind to get. They will all work but the matrix is very nice.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

i have the outhouse and it is light, compact and ideal for single gun hunters. to small for bow hunters do to the extension of ones arms at full draw. I'd go with the doghouse if i was you. happy shopping

Quick Reply: ground blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.