Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting pheasants? >

Bowhunting pheasants?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting pheasants?

Old 12-17-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Bowhunting pheasants?

I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried to arrow a rooster? I though i would give it a go tonight in my blind in a foodplot. I saw lots of roosters but unfortunatly i had made my shooting lanes to short and none steped into it. When i was getting out of my blind i look up and there is a rooster 20yds away. iI let the arrow go and the rooster went up into the air and flipped a few times then hit the gorund. i was so pumped i thought i had killed my first rooster with a bow. i ran out to my arrow only to find no rooster or feathers or blood of any sorts. Anyway i was bummed out but i think that i am going to give it a go agian tomorrow. Wish mte luck!

Nick
Old 12-17-2005, 04:20 PM

Default RE: Bowhunting pheasants?

Yeah a friend and i went pheasant hunting tonight and we took out our bows and it was alot of fun other then the fact of almost freezing off our hands. It's almost a much fun as deer hunting.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes but only from my treestand while bowhunting. Yes, I was successful.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:01 PM

i have an old bowhunting book and they have arrows with a 10 inch round wire fence deal right behind the field point for hunting birds. looks fun but i dont want to lose all my arrows.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stacey Grosscup used to hunt pheasants with his bow the way most people gun hunt them - and he was very successful at it. He was the guy who used to shoot aspirin tablets out of the air with his bow - I saw him do 7 in a row one time. He just recently passed away.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:37 AM

Never hunted pheasants but have hunted grouse during a archery elk hunt in Idaho. Man that was fun.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:06 AM

Yeah...took one with my bow at 20 yds. Caught him eating gravel on a logging road. He flew quite a bit with my arrow in him before he went to the ground. I have a 35MM photo of him but notscanned yet. Grouse are a dime a dozen here in western Wa....their too fun too...ghosts in the woods IMO.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I have shot many. I always have 1 judo or field point in my quiver. Just for this reason.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:38 PM

What works better for geting a pheasants, a judo point, a field point or a field point with adder points on there.

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad used to tell me stories when he was young back in the sixties hunting them with bows in Indiana with floo floo arrows. He said it was fun!

Quick Reply: Bowhunting pheasants?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.