HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Buck tag filled and Bigger buck walks by!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/124940-buck-tag-filled-bigger-buck-walks.html)

RyanPDaDeerSlayer 12-13-2005 08:23 PM

Buck tag filled and Bigger buck walks by!!!

I went hunting today to try and shoot a doe for meat since i have already shot a buck this year and guess what happens. I HAVE5 BUCKS COME BY ME. 1 was in the 135''-140'' range and one was about 100''-105'' range. The others were 6 points and below. This really sucks!! Im i the only one?

RyanPDaDeerSlayer 12-13-2005 08:25 PM

RE: Buck tagged filled and Bigger buck walks by!!!

Guess next year will be a fine year for huntin'.

Greg / MO 12-13-2005 08:26 PM

OK... quiet [:-] tell me where you were? ;):D

Deisel14 12-13-2005 08:29 PM

Thats how it goes sometimes stick him next year

RyanPDaDeerSlayer 12-13-2005 08:31 PM

My mouth is shut! North East Ohio. Down the road a bit.

highcountrysp 12-13-2005 08:47 PM

I think a lot of people have had this happen. That and having the bow on the ground when a bruiser walks by. Its nice to see that you didnt shoot the bigger buck. Place this story over in the forums where they are talking about shooting bigger bucks after they already filled a buck tag. Shows another who isnt trigger happy.

DaveH 12-14-2005 01:40 AM

I think a lot of people have had this happen. That and having the bow on the ground when a bruiser walks by.
That happened to me this year.[:@]

In the years when I take a buck early -- and need to take two does before getting a 2nd buck tag -- I will usually have a buck of equal or larger size walk by in easy bow range BEFORE I have filled the doe tags. That's hard to take, but I like to follow the law since I also ENFORCE it!

ijimmy 12-14-2005 06:19 AM

All the time , this year was the exception , shot the largest buck I saw this year . But I had a 150 class buck walk slowly by me a couple years ago at 15 yards , after killing a much smaller 7 point .

burniegoeasily 12-14-2005 07:15 AM

RE: Buck tag filled and Bigger buck walks by!!!

That happens to me often. Once I tag out Ill see a boomer. Last year I shot a very nice 10 point. That next week I was out stalking hogs, and a huge 11 pt walked right infront of me. It would have been and easy 15 yard shot. I just cried. lol.:D:D

Talondale 12-14-2005 07:17 AM

RE: Buck tag filled and Bigger buck walks by!!!

Ah, VA.I love you. 3 buck tags.