Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Silver Flame Broadheads(OH-MAN) >

Silver Flame Broadheads(OH-MAN)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Silver Flame Broadheads(OH-MAN)

Old 12-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Silver Flame Broadheads(OH-MAN)

Way to many good heads on the market for me to pay $20.00 a pop[&:]
Old 12-23-2005, 09:05 AM

waterfx. Can you give me a reason to spend that kind of money on these heads? I mean are they the best things you've ever shot? What kindsuccess(wound/recovery) on game have you had? Do they really fly like a field point? I had yet to find a head that flies like a field point. What type of game have you shot with these? thanks
Old 12-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care with they track the animal and have it gutted for you when you get there they're not worth $20.00 a pop. Save yourself a bunch of money and go pay $32 for 6 Muzzy's. The animal will be just as dead when you find him.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:35 AM

Anyone use these on elk yet?
Old 07-07-2006, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Those heads are not inteneded for the average joe hunting whitetails. They are designed for extremely large and heavy game such as buffalo and elephants where the ultimate in reliability, strength, toughness, and penetration is required.

Just about anything will pass through a whitetail but not sowhen you are huntingthe heaviestanimalsthis planet has to offer.

IMO if I were to hunt cape buffalo and elephants with a bow I sure as hell wouldn't be doing it with a Muzzy or Thunderhead. $20 each is nothing compared getting your guts stomped out by a pissed off elephant.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

All that I can tell you is that as long as Muzzy's are $30 for 6 heads I'll NEVER pay $20 a head for broadheads.That's ridiculous.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

If u think you're being tricky, you're not. Anyone can tell you're associated with these head. Although they do look good but $20 for one, i'll stick to my Magnus thank you.

Zach
Why is it that that ifsomebody likesthe looks of a new productthey are accused of being "associated" with it?
Old 07-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

I like broadheads,they interest the hell out of me.I like looking at them analizing them and of course killing whitetails with them.I have several different types and brands but my favorite as of the last two seasons has been the 100 gr. Wac'ems.Killed quite a few deer with them and they performed great.However,I just purchased a 3 pack of the 100 gr. Silver Flames and they are one impressive broadhead.There is nothing out there that will compare to the sharpness of the bladeand durability of the edge to remain that way.The over all construction of this head is flawless.And yes they do fly to the same point of impact as fieldpoints from a properly tuned bow setup.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

All of those holes don't create weak spots. Seems like it would make them vunerable to breaking on bone.
Think of a truss system... each angle supports another angle.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:51 PM

well havn't got too shoot a gritter with em ye but they fluy great I put one right on top of a muzzy pratice bh just a little nick which would have sharpened right out but my son thought I was done with it so still have to play with it abit but from stupid sharp out of the box shooting over a hundred times in to a wasp bh target and still shave hair off my arm m can a muzzy do that I think not I shoot muzzies too but for elk silverflames is it for me muzzies for every thing else. they perform and as far as I am concerned like my rifle ammo will shoot the best thing at a critter I can get my hands on. I I havenoticed a trend on the othere sights I belong too that alot of the guys this year even though I brought it up last year are getting the silverflames cause they are know out in 100 grn I went with dozen 125's and know I am not affiliated with em just love the head ask Paul elknut1

Quick Reply: Silver Flame Broadheads(OH-MAN)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.