Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Want to hunt with my son!!! >

Want to hunt with my son!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Want to hunt with my son!!!

Old 10-13-2002, 06:59 AM

Default RE: Want to hunt with my son!!!

Take him. I took my 11 year old daughter with me last night. We saw 2 fawns and 8 doe. Six of the doe came in to 44 yards. I thought Corey was going to have a heart attack! No shot presented itself, but we sure did have a good time. In the car on the way home she asked if we could go again tomorrow. No hunting in PA on Sundays though. I can't wait to take her again!

Edited by - tribalscream on 10/13/2002 08:00:44
Old 10-13-2002, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

Im with the others on this one, take him.......

I have 3 boys and my middle guy loves going out. Hes 8 also and handles 2 hours with no problem. I have taken the 3 of them at once also before.

I have a Double Bull ground blind that i use when they all like to go. Toss in a hunk of carpet for the ground and they can sit along time. My little guy (5) brings a small pack with coloring books and GI Joes. Hes in the blind the deer cannot see him moving around as long as hes quite. When something comes in i get their attention and they watch.

My 8 year old when he goes alone sits in the stand with me. He brings along his gameboy and plays it with the sound off. He does this for a bit, sets it down and watchs awhile before picking it up again. I will not let him in the stand without a saftey harness. Seat-of-the-Pants makes a harness just like the adults but for youths. This way i know hes safe and im relaxed.

Every kid is different. Dont force them to sit to long, make sure they stay interested and before long you will have a hunting partner thats hard to get rid of.

Old 10-13-2002, 04:29 PM

title, visit the double bull archery site. they have ground blind and i own one. get the video and watch it. the blinds are the best going and u will see deer in them. they pop open in 5sec...store in 5sec. they do not flap in the wind and 2 people sit in it nice. i purchased 2 small tripod typw chairs and use them. my girlfriend joins me on hunts. the front has a nice 52in shot through screen and 5 windows.