Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It's official..........I SUCK!!! >

It's official..........I SUCK!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It's official..........I SUCK!!!

Old 12-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default It's official..........I SUCK!!!

Let me start by saying that I really hate gun hunting, however I do it. Reason being, you usually see bucks that you normally wouldn't. The bright side of my day is that I probably set a record for most shots at one deer with a muzzleloader without killing it...ugh. Today was the opener for our 3 day muzzleloader season and we have a fresh 5 inches of snow on the ground. I went out and immediately kicked up a shooter with 2 does and I got a shot at it but it wasn't a very good opportunity... I missed. So I went on and turned around and saw 7 or 8 more deer go into the point that I just rounded so I went back and ran them off. So now I decide to go where I originally had wanted to go in the first place and walked up to the wheat field and there was a young buck in it and he came right to me and went into the woods, so I moved a step or two to get a better look and there was a herd of deer in the woods. One was a real nice non-typical(had 5 pts on left side and the right side had 3 long pts coming up out of the base, if he would have been a normal 10 pt he would score around 145-150). I waited until he got into an "open spot" in the heavy brush and shot. He didn't even hardly acknowledge my shot so I reloaded and waited for another "opening" and shot again. Nothing, he didn't even move again, so I reloaded...again and moved a little farther around the edge of the field to find a better "opening" and shot again. Yes! this time he finally moved. I reloaded.........again and went to where he was when I shot and nothing, no blood anywhere. So now I am completely distraught and begin walking in the direction that he and his young girlfriend went. I made it about 30 yards when I looked up and there he was............again walking right at me. he got to 40- yards and I shot.....again. And if you can believe it, I MISSED AGAIN. Now I'm literally screaming in misery, out of bullets and thoroughly ticked off. If I'd of had another bullet I would have shot my toes off......but as we all know I would probably have missed those too! Good news is that the second rut is rockin here. I saw 5 bucks in that spot today and 3 were shooters for those that can hit them! Oh yeah, I ended up seeing over 50 deer today! amazing for this area
Old 12-09-2005, 06:10 PM

Default RE: It's official..........I SUCK!!!

that sucks. You are lucky to have deer like that though. Didn't you go to the range and sight that in? better luck next time.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

It wasn't the gun, operator error in this case. In my defense the first 3 shots killed at least 3 trees! The last 40 yard shot however.....Im speechless, I blew it! I went home and shot at a stump and smoked it, it took me a while to field dress it though.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:52 PM

I gotta tell ya....I don't know whether to laugh or cry.....that's funny, but not.......
Old 12-09-2005, 06:57 PM

PJ I hope you're not waiting for someone to disagree with you that you suck because I don't see it happening.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

i would definitely take the time to confirm your zero on that gun. this should not happen again brother so do us all a favor and go get that bruiser
Old 12-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

What the hell is wrong with you!?
Old 12-09-2005, 09:06 PM

I will agree, you suck! Next time try some granades, get the deer and your toes.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

One day in gun season i fired 17 shots and had 0 deer to show for it. That was with a high powered rifle too. i definatly can feel your pain.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, you suck all right.Thats a bummer, but at least you were having opportunities.

Quick Reply: It's official..........I SUCK!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.