Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another reason to be disgusted with PA >

Another reason to be disgusted with PA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another reason to be disgusted with PA

Old 12-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another reason to be disgusted with PA

Thats just sad...
Old 12-06-2005, 04:32 PM

Pretty sad alright.............pretty sad to see an elitest thread like this pop up in a forum where it is constantly preached that we are all hunters and should stick together for the common good of our sport.

Divided we fall.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

There is not much sport and shooting a deer at 250+ yards away.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Patriot15

There is not much sport and shooting a deer at 250+ yards away.
Your avatar doesn't have a bow laying across the deer.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:18 PM

Though I am really on the fence with rifle hunters, one thing that kills me is my friend who hunts with a .300 Weatherby with a 3-9 power scope in Georgia. He has not shot at a deer more than a hundred yards away, come on, it's silly.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:20 PM

i totally agree rob. many PA hunters are pigs and slobs. all they care about is filling their mass amount of doe tags. they don't care who or what is in the background of the shot, or about QDM. if they see brown its an all out slaughterfest. its a shame they dont have better morals than that
Old 12-06-2005, 10:24 PM

This is the same reason why Wisconsin gun season sucks.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Pretty sad alright.............pretty sad to see an elitest thread like this pop up in a forum where it is constantly preached that we are all hunters and should stick together for the common good of our sport.

Divided we fall.
This isn't meant as a gun bashing thread. I love guns but hate slob rifle hunters and there seems to be too many of them. Sure there are slob bowhunters too but you don't see that kind of behavior. Being a slob isn't isolated to hunting alone. The world has become too me oriented and common courtesy seems to be a thing of the past.

We need more common courtesy.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

seriously, what is wrong with folks?

also, I gun hunt, and alot. I have deferred deer more times than I can count. I consider myself a good gun hunter with good ethics. I am a bird dog for those who have trouble getting a deer, aka, I drive for them. even when I still have two buck tags on my license. I do not go to other hunters unless I know them or happen to run in to them. I steer clear of them. I understand the frustration folks here feel towards that, but that is no reason to go after gun hunters. I feel there are more bad gun hunters than bow hunters simply for the reason that it really doesn't take as much skill to hunt with a gun. I'm not one to take these posts personally, but this one I did a bit. remember, there are responsible gunhunters that bowhunt too.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:30 AM

wow just reading the post makes me mad [:@]! i do about 90-95% bowhunting and only 5%-10% gun hunting in pa. You guys are totally right........most hunters just want a deer, any deer. One place we hunt up north, the normal guys that hunt it hadn't got a shot at like anything. They drove a swamp out and killed pretty much a fawn. The guy was screaming and going crazy like he just shot a 10 point or something. He prob got like 25 pounds of meat off of it. But hey he got his deer! They wonder why this year, we hardly saw any deer between the 6 of us. Same guy, two years earlier, I was sitting on a ledge looking at a nice bench and some pines when i look behind me to see a guy slow stalking along the top. He gets about 50 yards past me and hear him shoot. He nailed a doe in the back of the head but it pissed me off cause they were coming right along the bench to me. I think these people need to change as i did. When i was younger, i shot a small button buck just to see if i could hit him on the run. I had already shot a buck and a doe that year so there was no reason for me to even be hunting. Since then, i switched over to almost bowhunting exclusively. I shoot one doe in early-mid bowseason....to take the pressure off of killing a deer......and then hunt mainly for a buck the mid-end part of the season. I would have told the guy to f*ck off that shot your friends deer. Prob not the best way to handle the situation but really the only thing that could be said.

Quick Reply: Another reason to be disgusted with PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.