Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 finally got the big one.. >

finally got the big one..

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

finally got the big one..

Old 12-05-2005, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default finally got the big one..

yesterday i shot the buck i've been tracking for a long time ...it was right before dark in the pines where i seen his tracks enter.. anyways i shot him and he took off...i followed blood into the corn and while tracking him me and my neighbor heard a loud bang... he asked was that a shot(because it was the last day of gun but i was using my bow anyways)and i said i didnt know.. we tracked some more and i looked up and seen cars parked along the road and alot of hunters... I took off torwards the road but as i got close to the vehichles i looked down beside me in the field and noticed the bucks tracks and blood .. I got to the road and there lay my buck in the ditch being gutted by some hunters I said HEY thats my Buck!! and they just looked at me .. i said your not taking him and he said well that guy there hit it!!.. i said i dont care i shot him.. the hunter replied well wheres ur blood trail so i shined the flashlight down at his tracks and the blood.. he simly said load em boys and they threw my buck in the back and sped off.. I AM so pissed off.. called him every name in the book i showed him enough proof that it was my deer that even a 3 year old would understand .. it was common sence that it was mine!!! i was so mad i tried to remember his license plate number but forgot it in all the frustration... sorry this was so long but i had to let it out i mean come on after all the tracking and scouting i finally got him and look wat happens...
i'm especially mad because it was other hunters doing this that didnt even hit the deer and them being hunters should understand that it was my deer which made me mad.. Plus it was the biggest boddied deer i've ever seen!!

once again sorry so long wat do you guys think about these so called hunters![:@]
Old 12-05-2005, 08:17 AM

Default RE: finally got the big one..

there definetly would have been a fight if i knew i was right
Old 12-05-2005, 08:50 AM

That's a bad thing to have to go through.

I used to live in Ohio, born and raised there. (been in Maine for 15 years.) However, this type of thing is exactly why I moved out of state. Too damned many people down there. I like Ohio, still have lots of family and friends down there, but just couldn't take it anymore.

When I hunt up here, I rarely see anyone else unless it's somebody I'm hunting with.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:57 AM

Sorry to hear about that[&o] I don't think a fight would have been your best decision though. You sounded outnumbered by your story.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

There would have been no Question... If they were going to take my Deer, We'd have to Fight over it... I wouldn't care if there were 10 of them... But that's just me... No way someone is taking my deer without a fight...

Sorry if that sounds bad... But you work hard for deer especially good bucks... And I am not about to have someone take away my hard earned trophy...

Sounds like they were hunting there, correct..?? I'd go back and try to catch them... Maybe take the Game Warden, if your not looking for a fight...
Old 12-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Spike

Sorry to hear that,when i hear these thing it burns my ACE...where were you at and what was the vehicle..I hunt stark maybe i could be some help...my huntin buddys,cousin is one of the Wardens.Good luck
Old 12-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

License plate would have been key. You had a witness (neighbor). the warden as well as the police would have tracked them down. I think I would have popped with rage.[:@]
Old 12-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Site Bouncer

While you may have personalethics and fair chase on your side, Idon't believe the law is.You may want to check with your local DNR but the way Iunderstand the law here inIllinois, If someone shoots and kills a wounded deer that deeris theirs. Now is it right?........I don't think so,but what I think apparently does not matter because it's the law here in Illinois.

While typingthis I called theIllinois DNR andexplained this situation, his answer was clear, the person who shoots and KILLS the animal is the rightful owner. So if you were in Illinois you would have no right to that deer.

That being said I am sorry about what happened to you. I know I would be ticked off too. Remember, not everyone thinks like you and I do.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:19 AM

I hunt Tuscarawas...if there's anything I can do, let me know

Old 12-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Man i am ready for a fight just reading about this story,I had a friend who had the same thing happen to him gun hunting, accept the other hunters never even fired a shot. He simply walked up to the deer and said if u want it take it and emptied out his 300 mag on the dead deer, including the antlers. not saying that is right but it is a good story

Quick Reply: finally got the big one..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.