Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you do?? >

What would you do??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do??

Old 12-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What would you do??

Last night Iput down a 1 1/2 old 8 poiter that was in real real bad shape. I saw him just standing in a cut corn field with a compound fracture to his back leg, his foot on that leg was as nbig as a baseball, he had a huge lump under his belly possibly an absess or some internal injury and he was emaciated to just skin and bones. Was sad to see him suffering.I snuck up to 20 feet without him seeing me so he wouldnt die seeing a human and panic, shot him in the back of the head with my shotgun at about 20 feet, he was put down as quickly and humaly as possible. I know some people would let nature take its course and I have let deer that may not make it through the winter go but this poor little guy was in real bad shape and being an animal lover and hunter I made a decision to do what I thought was the right thing. What would you have done?
Old 12-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What would you do??

You done did the right thing Diesel!
Old 12-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think you did the right thing myself.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:24 PM

I'm for anything that ends the needless suffering of a deer. You saved that buck a LOT of suffering.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:27 PM

I'm with the rest....you did the right thing.
Some folks here watch too much CSI....you know the types...ask too many questions..
"were his pupils dialated, was his stool runny, was his blood dried, was he stiff, was it
a compound fracture, was it hit by a Ford or a Chevy". You didn't go into detail on what
was going on and didn't really need a vets or F&G official'snote to do the right thing here.
Good on ya.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:30 PM

I'd say you did the right thing, there is no need to let it suffer for longer than is necessary.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:17 PM

I would have done the same thing. Its hard to watch anything suffer like that, especially something that you love so much. I think anyone would be an idiot to let him go on and suffer.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:21 PM

I'd have done the same thing, I think you did the right thing.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:29 PM

You made the right call.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:48 PM

you done the right and ethical thing. I would be upset if you did it any different. good job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.