Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bad hunt experience with Soap Creek Outfitters >

Bad hunt experience with Soap Creek Outfitters

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad hunt experience with Soap Creek Outfitters

Old 12-03-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Bad hunt experience with Soap Creek Outfitters

My first bow hunt with an outfitter and it was not pleasant. Paid $3500 for the hunt andwas advised by the outfitter, Brian Lindberg that he had plentystands up so I did not need to bring my own. It was a week long bow hunt and I saw 1 deer at 150 yards that might have been a shooter,with the above 130 class requirement.The licenses were for 2 deer, buck & doe and 2 turkeys. The outfitter's stands were burnt and nothing came anyway near any of the stands. Also 3 nights of my hunt were ruined by neighbors and farmer's coming on the property at prime time deer hunting, thus ruining my hunt. I complained to the outfitter and he said he was sorry, but did not offer any compensationtowards any possible future hunts. Needless to say, with this horrible experience any other future hunts will be handled quite differently.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bad hunt experience with Soap Creek Outfitters

Where were you hunting?
Old 12-03-2005, 07:10 PM

Wow, sounds like you got hosed man. Sorry to hear that...hope the guy will do SOMETHING to make it right.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome alias bd, that's a shame about your hunt. That must have bummed you out! You really have to look into these outfitters and check as many referances as possible. Phone calls, e-mail ect. Always nice to hear from someone who has hunted with the outfitter in question. I did alot of this for my Albertabow hunt and found a great outfitter who everyone had good things to say about. I will use him again. Better luck in the future.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:14 PM

Lancaster Missouri, on a 300 acre farm which consisted of mainly openfenced off land withbean fields and patches of woods.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is all about the money, they get some land, get a tax number then suck up the money, some of them....guess that is why I have hesitated, the ones that are recommended over and over are out of an old soldier's price range. And in this case, the ones I never heard and are realitivly cheap i am afraid of getting skunked!
Old 12-03-2005, 08:14 PM

Sorry man. I am trying to line up an antelope hunt to take my father on but dont know anyone personally who has hunted with an antelope outfitter. You just dont know what you are getting, and I am beng very reluctant for the same reason you have just stated.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: alias bd

Lancaster Missouri, on a 300 acre farm which consisted of mainly openfenced off land withbean fields and patches of woods.

Plenty of public land in Missouri, try that route next time...and if I was hunting with an outfitter they had better have more than 300 acres...more like 3000. Sorry about your misfortune
Old 12-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Dominant Buck

For $3500 you could have gone for one of the top flight bowhunt adventures in Illinois, Iowa etc etc etc. with much more land. 300 acres is a lawn. $3,500 for someone nobody heard of is not a good investment. If it was multiple permits you wanted you could go to some place like Terra and kill 6 or something like that for $3000. I take it you didn't check references. Another NO NO. Sometimes we do have to do our part to get things started in the right direction. As far as the stands, I always carry one no matter what. I really do trust myself to take care of me more than I trust someone else to do it. We can't just plop money down and expect it all to be perfect.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry to hear about this. I am like you that I want to go on a bow hunt but for 3500 you should of been in IOWA OR ill. I see lots of reputable outfitters for 2500 to 3500. I hope things get settled like another hunt or something. But check in hear so some of us have gone on great bow hunts that can guide you better next time.

Brian

Quick Reply: Bad hunt experience with Soap Creek Outfitters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.