HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Trail camera's, which is the best for the $? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/123545-trail-cameras-best.html)

butchb 12-03-2005 12:36 PM

Trail camera's, which is the best for the $?

I am thinking about getting a digital game cam, already have a 35mm one but it doesnt seem to get the picture before the game has moved on and i usually end up with a hind-end shot. I was just wondering if you guys and gals can help me decide on what one to get, mostly for deer. I would like to find one that is somewhat reasonable--$200 or less, but dependable, thanks for your help. butch

Rhody Hunter 12-03-2005 01:35 PM

RE: Trail camera's, which is the best for the $?

I like my leaf river dc-2bu but it is more than $200. I think it is worth paying the extra.Definitely go digital

GotstaHunt 12-03-2005 01:49 PM

I'm not sure of the brand name,but here in Iowa at Wal-Mart they have a 35mm one that is quick on the shot for $49... As far as digital,unless you pay high dollar you are going to have considerable delay in the shot. In my experiance the $49 one is better than a $200 digital. As far as digitals go,I would spend the extra money like Rhody Huntersaid but my preferance is the CuddieBack...

deer-hunter18 12-03-2005 06:52 PM

I just ordered a Cuddeback, but it is a Christmas present and i have to wait till christmas to use it[:@]

HUNGAR 12-03-2005 08:49 PM

I think that it is a "you get what you pay for" deal. I have a stealth cam and get alot of rump shotsor a piece of a deer. I don't get upset though because it was cheap and my first cam, but I would definitely spend the extra money and get a cuddeback on a future cam. I don't think I would think about a cuddeback if I had this one stolen or fear of trespassers, luckily I haven't had to deal with any of those problems. Chris

bullshooter 12-03-2005 09:39 PM

I have had my CuddeBack for over a year. It has over 5000 pic's on it. The trigger time is what sold me. Well worth the $$$

445 supermag 12-04-2005 04:43 AM

ORIGINAL: bullshooter

I have had my CuddeBack for over a year. It has over 5000 pic's on it. The trigger time is what sold me. Well worth the $$$
Now this is the kind of response I am looking for. I am in the same boat as I want digital. Now I know I will get the cuddeback

Brian

butchb 12-04-2005 08:44 AM

Thanks to everyone for your input, after posting, I thought about it and decided to wait until I could get a better one-which means more $. But,I would rather get something I will like instead of having to buy another in the future. Please keep your comments coming, your experience with these will help myself and probably others. Thanks again, butch

_Dan 12-04-2005 08:59 AM

I have 4 digital and have taken well over 10,000 pics with them. probably more like 15,000. 2 Cuddebacks, 1 Bushnell, and 1 ?. The Cuddebacks we the most expensive, but by far work the best. I like the ability to set the timer from 1-30 minutes, depending if it is set up on a buck scrape or a bear bait. The Bushnell takes good pics, but it takes more false ones and also the timer can only be 30 sec, 1 min, or 2 min. The other camera I don't even use, it sux.
I think you are making the right choice in waiting for a better camera.

Ky Bob 12-05-2005 06:34 PM

I would say go with the Cuddeback. I have two of them and they are by far the best I have had. I also have a Leaf River but the trigger speed is about 4-6 seconds!! Thats why its a feeder or scrape camera.