Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Law?

Old 12-02-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Hunting Law?

I was thinking about writing to the Ohio Division of Natural Resources and see whether or not it would be possible to get a safety harness law in the books. Im getting worried on how many people are actually falling out of their stands. Does anyone else think this would be a good idea. And if they do, would you also write to your DNR and try to seek the same law. It makes sense to me since they require hunter orange for gun season for hunter safety, so why not require any hunter hunting from a stand to wear a harness for their safety.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:27 PM

Default RE: Hunting Law?

We don't need more laws.
If you are up a tree without one and fall then I guess you get what you get.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:30 PM

I'd rather see a QDM law instead. IMHO...not trying to start ANOTHER debate.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

too hard to enforce. especially for those of us who pack in and out all of our camo's in a trash bag. I honestly dont think we need more game laws. If anything, the laws we have need to be written as clearly as possible, and enforced more. Which would mean an increase in license costs, and nearly everything else related to hire more game wardens.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: highcountrysp

I was thinking about writing to the Ohio Division of Natural Resources and see whether or not it would be possible to get a safety harness law in the books. Im getting worried on how many people are actually falling out of their stands. Does anyone else think this would be a good idea. And if they do, would you also write to your DNR and try to seek the same law. It makes sense to me since they require hunter orange for gun season for hunter safety, so why not require any hunter hunting from a stand to wear a harness for their safety.
Worrie about you own safety. I find it very intresting how people want to pass rules and regulations on me. If I want to wear a seat belt or ride my blike without a helmet, who gives a sh!t. Every time a rule is made, we lose a little bit of our freedom, and this is one of the reasons I like getting into the woods,..... is to get away from all your rules and now you want to restrict me to making it manatory when I'm isolated in the bush. Give me a freakin break, I do not agree one bit. I don't think you have the right to tell me if I choose to take that risk. How is it me falling on my head effects anyone?
I would think you would put your time and efforts in something more worthwhile.
Bobby
Old 12-03-2005, 04:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

A law is not the answer, education is.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

please no more laws leave it to theperson to decide. I'm tired of the government telling me how to live my life.I'm for wearing one its just we don't need a law for it
Old 12-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mdbohuntr

Couldn't have said it better.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I second that.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Firehawk7309

I second that.
I third that.

Quick Reply: Hunting Law?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.