Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
before I buy.... your thought's on scent-lok >

before I buy.... your thought's on scent-lok

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

before I buy.... your thought's on scent-lok

Old 10-10-2002, 07:10 PM

Default before I buy.... your thought's on scent-lok

I am thinking of buying scent-lok in order to better the fight of being scent free. What are the pro's and con's?
Old 10-10-2002, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: before I buy.... your thought's on scent-lok

I have the new Savanna series single layer light weight scent lok. I won't go so far as to say it is a cure all, but I think it defifnitely helps. I have had deer less than 10 feet from me and the wind was not in my favor. I do a lot of hunting from the ground and have had more deer closer to me this year than ever. I have also had them wind me but it pretty rare. It does allow you to get away with more and be more flexible in where you hunt. Sometimes you just can't find that perfect tree or place to build a ground blind.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

Well my opioin I think the scent lok is awesome. but I also think that the scent blocker plus is right up there with it. Im saving to buy the scent lok maybe for next year. but for now I just wear a light weight brand of camo. for early season and a nice insulated pair of overalls for winter. I just keep them as scent free as possible. I have purchased the scent lok head gear tho. to keep mouth odor and head odor down I think thats your main problem with scent if any. If you can afford the scent lok suit go for it. But check out the scent blocker plus 3d leafy camo its designed for the bowhunter, awesome..........Good luck this year
Old 10-10-2002, 07:33 PM

According to scent-lok scent blocker and scent-lok are the same robinson labs has to make their siut's to scent-lok's standards and they have to have scent-lok's permission. So the way I took it from scent-lok was that both suit's are the same?
Old 10-10-2002, 07:38 PM

i dont know where that info came from. scent blocker is rated better than the scent lok, but both are good suits. i have one it works. get a hat and forget the mask they give u,..get a hawkeye headnet...mossy oak..and use the scent lok hat. good luck.

keep your dryer free of fragrances
Old 10-10-2002, 08:06 PM

I got it from scent lok go to scentlok.com click on news and press releases. According to them they hold the patents on carbon scent trapping technology and any company that wishes to sell this type of product MUST have a lisence from them and the clothing MUST be made to their specs.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:58 PM

I posted this same topic a few weeks back. It seems everyone is kinda split on the subject dosen't it. Well I took the plung anyway and ordered a set of the scent loc undergarments from cabelas. I loved the look of that 3d stuff but geez 350-400 dollars for a set, ouch. I can't wait for it to arrive...Fletch

Good Luck All....Fletch
Old 10-10-2002, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

I believe what Scent Loc is saying is that they hold the patent on the way they use carbon technology. There is more than one way to create carbon clothing. Scent Blockers technology is quite different. They even use a different type of carbon. But, you are right that there are other brands out there that are sold under thier own name, but are actually Scent Loc. The last I heard, there were only three manufacturers of carbon lined hunting clothing. Scent Loc, Scent Blocker, and I believe that Supprescent is the other. Each have their own technology and each have advantages. Scent Blocker seems to be the most absorbant, but Scent Loc can withstand more washings. Supprescent can also be washed without losing scent absorbing ablity. As for the original question, I believe that they really do work well, but only when used correctly. Other scent reducing precautions must also be taken ,or else it just becomes expensive camo. But when treated right, I think they are well worth the money.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:05 AM

I have both Scent Lok and Scent Blocker, and they are both made by the same place. It says ALS enterprises or something on the tag of both the Scent Lok and Scent Blocker.

"Playing under the table and dreaming"
Old 10-11-2002, 07:12 AM

I BOUGHT SCENT BLOCKER PLUS CAMO THIS YEAR. WED WHILE HUNTING ON THE GROUND HAD A DOE 4 FEET FROM ME. I AM NOW SOLD ON SCENT BLOCKER.

HUNT ON HUNT HARD EAT WELL

Quick Reply: before I buy.... your thought's on scent-lok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.