Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What does your biggest Whitetail bow kill score? >

What does your biggest Whitetail bow kill score?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
0-100 inches
22.64%
100-125 inches
23.58%
125-140 inches
18.87%
140-150 inches
15.09%
150-160 inches
5.66%
160-170 inches
4.72%
170-180 inches
2.83%
180-190 inches
1.89%
190-200 inches
0%
200+ inches
4.72%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

What does your biggest Whitetail bow kill score?

Old 12-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What does your biggest Whitetail bow kill score?

I got this boy Oct 22 2005 at 5:30 pm. He gross scores 172 6/8. He has 15 scoreable points. I turned my head to see him come out about 200 yds away across a hay field. He started walking straignt to me. I was set up on a leading point that would open up to a large hardwood area. He was comming across on a string and stoped at 100 yds in the open hay field to kick the crap out of a 6 foot clump of weeds. He worked it over for a good five minutes backing up and ramming the clump and racking his fat head up and down. I new he was a good buck but couldn't see all the kickers and split brow tines from there. I debated weather to grunt or not and dedcided he was heading towards me before he started whipping the clump and assumed he would continue when he finished. Sure enough the fight was over and here he came walking briskly straight at me. At 40 yds I ever so slowly drew as he headed right towards me. 30, 20 ,10 I released the arrow just left of his spine on a sharp downward angle. He jumped to his left and slowly walked 15 yds to a fence line. He looked to his left and right and steped over the fence. I thought there was no way I missed that buck and started to panic grabbing for my grunt tube. I was just getting ready to grunt and he steped foward and his back legs buckeled under him. I was so relieved. He died within 3 to 5 minutes of the shot. 15 yds from my tree. Awesome hunt for sure.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:19 PM

Here is mine, he came in casing 5 does and i shot him at 20 yards with my bow. He ran a short distance down to the golf course and died on hole number 2. I quickly got him in the woods and gutted and then brought him to a nearby cornfield for pictures. He grossed 158" and netted 152" He is a 8 pointer as the 2 little points on the right antler wern't legal.

Here is a picture of the mount and the deer in the field.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot this guy on the evening of November 5th. A much warmer than normal day, I headed into an area that I save until the rut is nearing. It took me a long time to get settled into a tree as the area is quite thick. Less than 45 minutes later, I hear chasing and crashing in the thicket below me. This went on for 5 to 10 minutes. Back and forth thru the thicket. Finally it gets closer and I see 2 does coming my way. He was a short ways behind them. I really didn't think I'd get a shot in the area he was coming from. As he came into range I drew for the chance he'd hit an opening. He slowly approaches, keeping an eye to the does and a nose in the air. When he does reach an opening at 17 yds he's almost facing me. I wait for him to turn and finally hedoes. I let thearrow fly and hits where I intend. He wheels and takes 2 hops down the hill and stops. Iactually started scrambling for a secondarrow. He then took a few stepsback towards me. After a few moments he sways and goes down not 20 yds from where I hit him.
He grossed 133" and has a bitof a freaky rack. Not huge in general, but rather large for the area I hunt.

Old 12-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rybo

Man thats a heck of a neck on that bad boy. Awesome buck to you as well as everyone else.

Keep em' coming
Old 12-01-2005, 04:18 PM

I am feeling a little inadequate.......For the first time EVER......[8D]

What's a doe score?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

No one should feel inadequate, and I hope no one sees this thread as bragging, although I'm sure some will. Everyone is proud of thier deer regardless of size, and some guys get to hunt good places, have more time to hunt/scout, or are just plain luckier in terms of bigger bucks. That doesn't take anything away from others.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I have no idea.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Took this fella a couple years ago after seeing him five other times; got him on the sixth! He grosses 162 5/8" and netted 158 5/8". His split brow tines on both sides (it's hard to see the split on his right brow in the pic because it's coming right at the camera) account for almost all of the deductions; other than that, he has less than a 1/2" of deductions from side to side... He's darn near perfectly symmetrical.

I've taken a few other bruisers since then, but this guy will always hold a special place in my heart; that's whyhe's in my signature.

I finally got him on Dec. 26... what a Christmas present!

Old 12-01-2005, 05:52 PM

Mine is a great hunt I dont have the time to tell about right now.He scores 141 0/8 net.I dont remember what he scored gross.Will have to hunt up the papers on him.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

MQ just curious what kind of hit did you have on him that he has the green enzyme gunk coming from his nostrils?
Awesome deer everyone.

Quick Reply: What does your biggest Whitetail bow kill score?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.