Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fellow buckeyes ? >

Fellow buckeyes ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fellow buckeyes ?

Old 11-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Spike

Default Fellow buckeyes ?

Hey,I was Wondering if any Ohio hunters have had any luck or have you noticed seeing less deer right before gun came in, I hunt over in Navarre,and also in Carroll County,and was seeing deer up to about2 1/2 weeks ago,last 7 times ive been out i have seen not one deer,its like they went nocternal... Well Good luck to all,any reasoning on this would help,just waiting for gun to end,hopefully they willpush them back on are lands.................Later Good Hunting
Old 11-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fellow buckeyes ?

Didnt see any deer at all in bow season when i was out but i was out once, and didnt see anything youth deer gun season. But i saw 2 on gun season. I think before it was the place i was at.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:10 PM

i was seeing deer all bow season till about nov 12 when i got this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/fmj303/Picture032.jpg

i saw 14 yesterday missed two does.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Spike

Nice Job.... i dont know whats going on,its weird....When it snowed the other day,you could see were they were coming out to feed in the fields,but you put in 10+ hours and see nothin...glad theres raccoons,opossuims,and birds to watch,or i'd get tired...thanks
Old 11-29-2005, 06:10 PM

Well, I was seeing deer until this past Saturday. The farm I hunt had about 10 yahoos driving around with 4 wheelers, and they were target shooting their slug guns..musta shot 100 rounds. Sunday was the first time I've ever been out and not seen a single deer. Kinda had a run in with the son of the owner, so I took down my stands and I'm not going back out until a couple weeks after shotgun closes. There was a noticeable difference to where the deer were feeding/bedding after the 2 day youth hunt as well. I think it's crazy to have that during the peak of the rut.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Spike

Totally agree,right after youth is when it died down,we had dogs running deer ,until the land owner went and talked to the dog owners,and gunners sightin in for like a week straight...sounded like open gun day for like a week...scary.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:42 PM

I hunt in Tuscarawus County and saw plenty of deer during bow season. Then during the Youth season on saturday I saw 5small bucks and on sunday I harvested a large 6 pointer. On opening day of gun season the only thing I saw was other hunters. Nobody back at camp saw a deer. It was just too hot out. It is supposed to snow later in the week though and the deerhopefully will start moving.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:45 PM

Hey I live/work/hunt in Tusc! I hunt near New Phila, or right near Tusky Valley High School (that might be stark)
Old 11-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Spike

Good place ,my buddy lives off Alabama ave,he said he hasnt seen a whole lot..nice Job on the Six pt Hunter07, i'd be happy with a big butter ball Doe(Out of Meat)[&o]
Old 11-29-2005, 06:58 PM

We just built a cabin in Newcomerstown last year but we live in Portage County.I love going down there, but I just hope we start seeing more deer!

Quick Reply: Fellow buckeyes ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.