HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Eve Buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/122988-thanksgiving-eve-buck.html)

TWIRPY 11-29-2005 02:41 PM

Thanksgiving Eve Buck

My year of bowhunting finally all came together. I went to my stand at about 2 pm on Feb 23rd. I was thinking to myself that maybe it would be another year without a buck as the season was winding down. The wind was blowing pretty hard and my tree was rocking back and forth making me almost dizzy. I sat and thought about all of the nice bucks I had seen and how many I passed on thinking I would see a larger one. About 2 hrs later I saw a deer coming down the trail I was set up on. Stood up and watched. at about 70 yds I could see he was mature and the closer he got I really knew I would shoot him if he gave me the chance. He came in on a string. He walked right down the trail I was on and presented me with a perfect 18yd broadside shot. I let her fly and nailed him perfectly. He went about 50 yards and expired. I have been hunting for a pope & young buck for the last 6 yrs, passing on smaller ones and finally it all came together this year. Hope everyone enjoys the picture and have a great bow season this year and all theyears to come .

Steve F.in MD 11-29-2005 02:52 PM

RE: Thanksgiving Eve Buck

Dang nice buck. Good job. Thanks for sharing. What state are you in?

Insatiable 11-29-2005 02:53 PM

Your post says Feb 23? Did you shoot the buck on Nov. 23 ie Thanksgiving Eve?
Insatiable

TWIRPY 11-29-2005 02:56 PM

Sorry about that, I meant Nov. I guess I'm not the sharpest arrow in the quiver. To the other ? about where I'm from, I am from Iowa.

Insatiable 11-29-2005 02:59 PM

Did you rough score him for P&Y, I'm interested in what he scored becasue I too have been hunting for 6 years for a P&Y buck. I've never drawn on a small buck or doe and two weeks ago I arrowed a P&Y 8 pt that is now at the taxidermist.
Congratulations, I know how you feel after spending so many hours in the treestand.
Insatiable

TWIRPY 11-29-2005 03:09 PM

Mine is also at the taxidermist but I had a guy that scores do a rough gross measurement and he said he will make the 150's

MOTOWNHONKEY 11-29-2005 03:58 PM

Nice buck for sure. You have to love it when a plan comes together.

stoneman 11-29-2005 04:08 PM

Sweet! Congrats...I got my buck last year on Turkey-Day-Eve too.

Pa Trophy Man 11-29-2005 04:08 PM

Good buck, congrats.

WV Hunter 11-29-2005 04:48 PM

Great buck, congrats! I too have been passing bucks for 7 yrs now...maybe it's my time next :D