Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ebay add!!!  Check this out! >

Ebay add!!! Check this out!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ebay add!!! Check this out!

Old 12-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ebay add!!! Check this out!

If someone has that kind of money and wants to spend it, albeit
foolishly, then let them. I personally don't like hunting in a shirt and tie.
I think it would be more of a sport for me to drive down the highway and
hit a deer with my truck than to go on an outting as this. Cracked me up about their comments "We are a guaranteed hunt so we have much to
offer." Well, for that price someone better be holding Junior when I have to take a whiz and they better wipe my hairy butt too! I want to be coddled! LOL!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

guys, don't you think the 100K ebay auction is a promo stunt??? really. besides, if they had 200 inch deer wouldn't they show some pics of them? I didn't see any that looked like they were 200. they're no different then any other canned hunt, they just use cheap advertising on ebay. they don't have ANY plans on someone forking out 100k.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:01 AM

This may come as a shock to some of you guys, but there are plenty of people (mainly companies) that will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to hunt a place. If a company wants a "corporate lease" on a ranch in south Texas (lets say the king & kennedy ranches) there going to cost atleast $400,000 a year for the bigger pastures. Now the king & kennedy ranches are a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGG way from being what this "hunt" on ebay is, but there are people out there that pay big money to hunt.

This place on Ebay says that the $100,000 allows you to kill atleast 9 bucks, regarless of the size. Now $10,000 is a pretty cheap price to pay for a 200"+ buck, especially if you can make one of your best customers or CEO happy.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Found this qoute on another site it fits this thread. Teddy Roosevelt: THE WILDERNESS HUNTER "Shooting in a private game preserve is but a dismal parody; the manliest and healthiest features of the sport are lost with the change of conditions....I should very much regret to see grow up in this country a system of large private game preservs, kept for the enjoyment of the very rich." Mr. Roosevelt was obviously wealthy enough to have hunted on the most exclusive game farms had he chosen, in his words, to give up "the manliest and healthiest features of the sport
Old 12-02-2005, 09:06 AM

Great quote by Teddy...do know where/when he said that?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

It comes from a book the Wilderness hunter published in 1893.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

imagine that only 35-40 min from here... i never knew it was there either... makes me kinda embarrased to see that place in Ohio when we already have enough fair chase big bucks.. we dont need that junk!!
Old 12-02-2005, 04:54 PM

yeah 100,000$ give me the deed to the damn land tooand ill take the fence down then maybe shoot one
Old 12-02-2005, 04:55 PM

In that county, you won't get 10 acres for 100k. []
Old 12-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

We will probably see someone on The Outdoor Channel shooting one of the 200" deer next year on saturday night.[]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.