Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ebay add!!!  Check this out! >

Ebay add!!! Check this out!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ebay add!!! Check this out!

Old 11-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ebay add!!! Check this out!

Somebody who would go to one of those hunting ranches like that are lazy. Don't get me wrong I see nothing wrong with going to one of them that is absolutly 100% fair chase.
I think people are lazy they don't want to take time in the hot summer sun to scout, watch feeding fields, hang stands ect. They just want to go only one day out of the season kill thier big buck and be done with it. Thats not the point of hunting, it's the challenge that keeps us "real" hunters getting in our treestands every weekend for 3 months out of the year.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:44 PM

I don't even consider that hunting. Where's the challenge? "Oh no! I scared him off!" "Don't worry, he'll just run around a little he's only got 600 acres to hide." Home-grown deer hunting...
Old 11-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

the ebay auction is a publicity stunt and it's obviously working
Old 11-29-2005, 09:16 PM

I wonder if they will let all 10 hunters in there at the same time. I wonder if they will have rifles. If so they better start their will. I don't know if they will come out of that one alive. Canned hunting is like bull riding the deer has 8 seconds of freedom Out the gate and to the ground hmm what a way to die. Besides how can some one put a price tag on a deer like that? I wonder if those guys ever look back and figure up how many hours they would have to work for that hunt.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't even know what to say.... Is this what are world is coming too???
Old 11-29-2005, 09:23 PM

go to their website it gets worse www.bestdeerhuntohio.com and their trophy rates good lord you pay for that deer almost twice. 5000.00 trophy fee for 190" or better deer. And they now offer fair chase hunts.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that this prime ammo for the anti's.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:42 PM

How can they allow the use of rifles? Only shotguns can be used to harvest deer in Ohio...I wouldn't want to live near that place...buncha rich guys firin' rifles around...it's not THAT remote of an area.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like a really challenging hunt. [&:]Pay mega-bucks and have someone put me in a tower hunting over fed deer. Big Deal!!! I hope no one stero types me in this catogory, as I always thought a hunter did just that, he hunted his game and persued it in its own domain, no fences, feedand no guarantee. If these deer are within a compound, than it would not be reconized by p/y, but b/c will accept road kills, so thats an option for the wannabee.Do these wannabees know what sweat is??????????

100% fair chase = 100% hunter

Bobby
Old 11-29-2005, 10:45 PM

I have to admit, I was all fired up to defend this place. I have relatives/ friends who own/ hunt on high fence ranches in south Texas. I have hunted on a high fenced ranch myself. These places are usually thousands of acres in size. Many of them have deer that do not realize there is a fence keeping them in. (and the fences are actually deer resistant, not deer proof anyway). Then I looked at their website. This place in question is obviously a canned hunt. On 250 acres they should MAYBE take ONE mature deer per year. If they have a extra high density of one deer per 5 acres that makes 50 total deer, only 1/2 of which should be bucks. The numbers do not add up to be able to have this many mature bucks on this small of a property. These deer are pen raised and released for harvest. Should it be illegal? I dont think so......am I interested??? No thanks, even at 1/100th of the cost.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.