HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Snow Camo (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/122796-snow-camo.html)

TimmerMNBowhunter 11-28-2005 12:02 PM

Snow Camo

As it is snowing outside, I was wondering what you guys perfer for late season snow camo? Do you think the pure white works best, or some sort of break up outline?

BobCo19-65 11-28-2005 12:10 PM

RE: Snow Camo

To the human eye, the snow camo is pretty darn nice. But, I'm not sure about game that see ultraviolet. There is an aweful lot of ultraviolet gathering dye in most white garments. Use a black light to see it. Personally, I stay away from most of it for that reason.

davidmil 11-28-2005 09:20 PM

I like a little pattern and not the totally white simply because I spend most of my time in a tree or hunkered in a blow down or something like that. This outfit is Apparition Horizon, not a total white but works great in a tree on overcast days or when snow is hanging all over them. Snowflage type stuff is the best camo going. Forget all that UV crap. I've had as many as 17 deer walk in single file past me at less than 10 yards as I leaned against a fence post. They never knew I was there. I've had a zillion positive experiences with snowflage type camo and never a bad one. You disappear.

BowHuntingFool 11-28-2005 10:17 PM

Hi David....

ShadowAce 11-29-2005 01:27 AM

X-LINY 11-29-2005 04:01 AM

After looking at both snow camo outfits against the snow covered woodland backdrop, you would think that the manufacture would make the outline break-up blend in to the white instead of a hard outline.

X-LINY

kevin1 11-29-2005 05:11 AM

How about this:
Snow camo
I have a poncho with this pattern , when I sit on a stool I just disappear into the snow . Deer walk right by and don't spook . Click on the picture to zoom in on the image and you'll see how simple the pattern is , it blends in very well .

ShadowAce 11-29-2005 05:53 AM

ORIGINAL: X-LINY

After looking at both snow camo outfits against the snow covered woodland backdrop, you would think that the manufacture would make the outline break-up blend in to the white instead of a hard outline.

X-LINY
I don't understand what you are talking about.

BobCo19-65 11-29-2005 07:54 AM

I've had as many as 17 deer walk in single file past me at less than 10 yards as I leaned against a fence post.
I can believe that, I have even had deer almost walk into me while I was wearing a plaid flannel and blue jeans. But, that is when I am remaining totally still. Any movement and I would have been busted.

Drawing a bow (as well as getting into position) requires movement, and if I happen to get busted, I don't want to stand out, but blend into my envirement. That is why I stay on the safe side, especially with deer andUV.

You may want to put it down and call it crap Dave, and I know that is your opinion. But, there is logic to my opinion also. It's a shame however, that we can't agree to disagree without calling others opinion crap.

davidmil 11-29-2005 08:22 AM

So you own some stock in a UV killer do you????? Wash your clothes as you do your camo and you're good to go. I have always had better success in snow with snow flage than with some big dark suit that looks like a tree trunk was planted. We can distinquish colors etc and if it's harder for us to see I'd say it's 10 times harder for a critter that sees black/grey/white shades. The UV scare was big 10 years ago but then we learned it was a scam industry started to take some more of our hard earned bucks. Some of us never fell for it. Yes deer key in on movement, but they're not totally blind. How many of us have satfrozen like a statue 20 feet up and down wind only to have a deer suddenly swing it's head and look up for the big stare down. They're not as blind as people think and they don't have powers to see the color spectrum outside what we see. That's where the UV is you know. It's a scam/scare crap.