Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would You Sell Your Deer? >

Would You Sell Your Deer?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would You Sell Your Deer?

Old 11-27-2005, 07:48 PM

Default RE: Would You Sell Your Deer?

When I was in college, I worked for my dad during the summer's doing construction. We were building an addition on this guys house, and he heard me and my dad talking about deer hunting. He had me come inside to see his "big buck". The thing was freakin' HUGE...he told me it was a replica of the actual deer he killed. I would never have known otherwise. He got some "bucks" and the replica...can't remember who he sold it to...some organization that travels around with a bunch of monster whitetails giving "clinics" I think...a replica that looked good, and the memories of the hunt would be good enough for me to sell for whatever I could get out of it. lol But then, I DO have 5 kids, and they eat more every day.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:33 AM

For the right money and a good replica, yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Without hesitation!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:20 AM

No I wouldn't. I would however be willing to sell the rights to a replica for a nominal fee though, no problem there.

But on the other hand, I think anyone who would pay for either a replica or the original is a little wacko in the head. A retailer looking for ornamentation, or an outfitter who would like to decorate his lodge with trophies that his clients have taken is one thing, but a collector? That's just silly.

Heck, I get emotionally attached to the smallest of racks I have (and I do have some small ones[&o]), never mind a monster!
Old 11-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

For all of you all that said no, you are sitting finacialy better than I am or you didnt think this through!!!! If someone is going to give me a replica (saving $500 on a mount) and a pile of cash! If that is the question, you dang right!!!!!! Especially if you are talking $25g gone, see ya, just cut the check.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:16 PM

no, a trophy deer is the greatest memory any hunter could have. i could never do it
Old 11-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Not in Texas. Its illegal. even if it were not, I wouldnt, unless they were willing to dish out some serious money.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:20 PM

According to burniegoeasily, it's illegal where I live, but I still wouldn't do it. I would sell a replica, but I would want to keep the original myself. It might be something kind of neat if you ever got the chance to pass it down in the family or something and know it was the actual deer.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

yeah, i have a set of replica antlers already and they are identical
Old 11-28-2005, 09:14 PM

Yea, if the price was right I would do it. I'm a poor college kid.

Quick Reply: Would You Sell Your Deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.