Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Bisquit Accuracy >

Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Old 12-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Peanuts................GET YOUR PEANUTS HERE...................Peanuts........
Old 12-03-2005, 09:35 AM

I had used the biscuit the last 2 years and love it.I had no problem shooting accurately out to 45 yards.but you must fine tuen your bow the best iot can be.I did several paper tuning tests to make sure it was perfect.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

BTW, I did use it for a couple years when it first came out and liked it very much except for haveing to load an arrow from the front. I know they have fixed that problem but I now and have been for many years use the Muzzy Zero Effect and havn't looked back.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

As far as the single cam bow goes.
Mathews came out with it first I think.
If it was such a bad idea why are sooooo many other companies making single cam bows now?
Just marketing hype or could it be,just maybe that single cam bows actually work? Hmmmm?
Mathews was not the inventor or the "pioneer" of single cam bows. Martin archery was the originator of the single cam bow (the Dynabow) back in the early 80's.

My opinion on the WB is mixed. I used it for two hunting seasons a few years ago andI killed deer with no problems with it.

I do however agree it is not a viable choice for target archery.The faster your arrow is off your rest and string the less a breakdown in your form and or shot execution will hurt you.

With all things being equal a 9 inch brace height is more forgiving on a form break down then a 6 inch brace height. There is no argument there.

It's just the same as your arrow slidingover a drop away for just 2 inches compared to the full length of the arrowpassing through the WB.

With that picture can you really say with adding in the human element that the WB is as accurate / forgiving as a drop away style rest??? I will take 2 inches of my arrowpassing overmy rest any day over 28 inches as well asthe significant fletch contact.

Is the WB accurate enough to be a good hunting rest? Absolutely.
Is it asforgiving as a drop away style rest? I say no!

[/align]
Old 12-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Its just seems funny that the WB irritates people so much. As far as what I've read by those who use them, including myself 1) they almost all say it is quite accurate (robinhood accurate) 2) it is a simple, great hunting rest. The only problem that some have is noise and that can usually be eliminated. I could care less if its touching the fletching or not, nor that I may be shooting 310 fps instead of 312 fps, when I'm shooting consistant, tight groups. I will most likely try a drop away someday. Whatever I think of dropaways won't change my thoughts on the WB. By the way, has anyone used an APA Twister Safari Side Load rest and if so what do you think about it?
Old 12-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

By the way, has anyone used an APA Twister Safari Side Load rest and if so what do you think about it?

I have. I was actually sponsored by APA Innovations. I had troubles with the said rest at the IBO Ohio StateChampionship. It was the first shoot that I used the rest. I was4.5 hours from home and the pin that holds the basket square to your nock and from over rotating broke off. It broke on the third target.

I had to rig it with an allen wrench in the slot to finish the shoot. Needless to say it was a wasted trip. I had to compensate a few inches high on every shot from the basket/launcher not being square to my nocking point.

Ended up with a 299 / 330. I was pretty upset.

After I got home I called and dropped APA and went back to my Trophy Taker.

I won't say it is a "problem" with the rest because I don't know if this was an isolated incident or not. It ruined my confidence in their products however.
[/align]
Old 12-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as the single cam bow goes.
Mathews came out with it first I think.
If it was such a bad idea why are sooooo many other companies making single cam bows now?
Just marketing hype or could it be,just maybe that single cam bows actually work? Hmmmm?
If a company just spend millions to advertise the single cam and the benefits of it, why would you not jump on the bandwagon? Just look at hybrid cams currently.

Is the WB good for hunting? YEP!

Is it as accurate or forgiving as a drop away? NOPE
Is it as accurate as a prong rest (my personal favorite for competition archery)? NOPE
Old 12-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

Its just seems funny that the WB irritates people so much. As far as what I've read by those who use them, including myself 1) they almost all say it is quite accurate (robinhood accurate) 2) it is a simple, great hunting rest. The only problem that some have is noise and that can usually be eliminated. I could care less if its touching the fletching or not, nor that I may be shooting 310 fps instead of 312 fps, when I'm shooting consistant, tight groups. I will most likely try a drop away someday. Whatever I think of dropaways won't change my thoughts on the WB. By the way, has anyone used an APA Twister Safari Side Load rest and if so what do you think about it?
I use feathers and with feathers there is no noise at all that I can perceive, using vanes it would rip them off, and feathers are more forgiving!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

One thing I read in this thread and forgot to comment on is the noise issue.

I never considered the WB I had to be noisy at all. I thought it was virtually silent.

Most drop aways make more noise than the WB. The launcher arm on somedrop aways can make quite the racket.

[/align]

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.