Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ny p&y buck 8 pter 128.5 in, deer we couldnt find thread,found!!! >

ny p&y buck 8 pter 128.5 in, deer we couldnt find thread,found!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ny p&y buck 8 pter 128.5 in, deer we couldnt find thread,found!!!

Old 11-25-2005, 12:57 PM

Default RE: ny p&y buck 8 pter 128.5 in, deer we couldnt find thread,found!!!

Why would anyone offer congratulations when reading this story??

A deer was killed and left to rot and we should be happy because the antlers were found?? Plus there are about 10 other things wrong with this picture that have been mentioned already.

Pretty sad waste IMO...........there is a word for people that are satisfied with only taking a certain part of an animal and leaving the rest to rot...........it starts with a P.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Dominant Buck

But Atlasman... therein is the beauty of it all. It's Hollywood. It's all made up. You can say anything you want to make the story flow. It's like, "Love is never having to say you're sorry". We all know dang well our wife's wouldn't go for that one, but in Hollywood it's just.. (sniff ...sniff)
touching.[8D][8D]
Old 11-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Monsterbuckland I have read over your first post(11/13)? and the one you madeon the 24th. There seems to be some "variables" in your story.I realize its sometimes difficult to communicate in a forum therefore you may want to give us the total story of this long drawn out adventure. You should also post better pictures as that one isn't that great. I have taken an eight pointer with my bow that grossed 126 4/8 ,net score was 125 2/8 back in 1993 and your buck looks smaller in the picture you have posted. Do not take this the wrong way as there seems to be some controversy in regards to the buck. I am also from NY and am wondering why the buck wasn't tagged according to NYS tagging regs. All I see is a blue drag strap on the right antler.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:06 PM

No way no how that is a old kill.Even if it was frozen.The animals would of found it no matter what.As for the score being 128 LMAO.No way Not even close.I have a 130 class 9 pointer and he is longer wider and just flat out bigger then that.By a good 20 inches minimum.I think this guy was just trying to save face after telling us about the buck that couldnt be found.Proably got shot and lived then reshot this time with a better shot.Atleast if this is really the same buck.It hasnt been dead long at all.The eyes still have color and they wouldnt be if it was weeks old.Even with freezig temps.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

What a farce
Old 11-25-2005, 04:08 PM

Way to go. How long did the deer lay dead before u found it?
shoot straight, Dusty
Old 11-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well there is small point here missed, unless I am blind or it could be the angle I only count 7 points. Here is a pic of my 8 from this year, I just broke 100 with him. I think he is bigger than yours. Being dead for 2 weeks, well here in MI you must have hunted under the Great Mitch Rampola, because I believe your story as much as I beleive his. Which is NONE OF IT!!!

Old 11-25-2005, 05:14 PM

I'm still trying to get a final tally but just as a reference, here's my buck that I asked the board about. 9 legal points total, 20 inch inside spread, 23 inch greatest spread, g2 and g3's are 10-12 inches, circumference at the bases is 4 1/2 inches... and most guys are saying 130-140. It'd be a real rip off if mine (which is physically about 30% bigger than monsterbuckland's buddy's) only scored a few points higher.

EDIT: this ^ buck is 130 3/8 net p&y
Old 11-25-2005, 05:33 PM

You know, I posted then I had dinner. Whileeating, it crossed my mind that maybe monsterbuckland doesn't mean to mislead us. Perhaps they just found another guy's buck and because their minds were still set on the lost 8 pointer, it became him. Then because of inaccurate scoring, 128.5 was derrived.

Of course this is mere speculation from logical deduction. Let'sgive theguya chanceand see if he hasanything else to post.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:13 PM

I agree...it's POSSIBLE that they're new to hunting, and actually thought they found "their" buck. I'm looking forward to some new info from MBL.

Quick Reply: ny p&y buck 8 pter 128.5 in, deer we couldnt find thread,found!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.