Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good Hunting Chair >

Good Hunting Chair

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good Hunting Chair

Old 11-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good Hunting Chair

Hey guys,

I am looking for a good hunting chair. I would like it to be light so that it can be carried in and out each day. It should be totally silent and of course comfortable.

Does anyone know where I can get somethign like this?

Thanks
Tom
Old 11-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Spike

Default RE: Good Hunting Chair

I have struggled to find a good chair as well. I like to hunt off the ground by just hiding inthe brush somewhere. It's very hard to find a good chair that you can sit low on and that doesn't make any noise. The Niffty seat isn't too bad but it still makes some noise which I hate. I've tried a number of otherchairs.Some have broken, some make noise.The regular foldup aluminum tubing type are terrible. They make noise and you can't hardly turn around in them.I usually just end up sitting on an upside down 5 gallon pail. The trouble with that is the bucket makes a lot of noise when you hit it on anything as you carry it in and out of the woods. So I guess my answer is, no, I don't know a good hunting chair. Good luck.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok sit down and try not to laugh yourself out of your chair here....

I used a camo bean bag chair this past weekend for 2 all day hunts. It kept me low to the ground, comfortable, and kept my backside warm. It is a little noisey on the walk in and very clumbsy to carry but well worth the effort. It was surprisingly quiet to move around in also!!!

Old 11-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look at Double Bull's folding stool. One of the best I've seen and even has a back for some support if you want to lean back.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Wally World carries a papasan style round folding chair that is very stable , light , comfortable , and easy to get up from when needed . Add some backpack straps and it's also easy to carry in . It comes in assorted colors , my wife has a tan colored one for video gaming that may just "come up missing" shortly ...
Old 11-23-2005, 11:30 AM

Summit Trophy Chair.

Straps to any tree and is rock solid and comfy as can be.........plus you have a tree at your back for concealment.

My dad took a buck out of mine this year with his gun........cost about $60 I think.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I needed to add that I am hunting out of a pop-up blind. I like the sound of the seat that straps to a tree but I think I would just get a climber if that is what I was looking for.

Keep the chairs coming because I am pissed at the one I have. I lost a huge doe this past week because of a sqeak. At this point money is no object. I want a good chair.

Tom
Old 11-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The double bull doesn't rotate.I like the bean bag chair idea as long as it wouldn't squish all the way to the ground. I could even have some straps sewn onto it so that I can carry it on my back.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bean bad chairs only problem that sounds like it would affect you would be it going all the way to the ground. I would recomend like thost fold up ones that go in the little skinny vinyl things, there at baseball games alot and football games.. like High school and stuff. I htink you know what im talking about they fold up and everything.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Spike

Having tired a number of hunting chairs over the years I bought one of these this year. It doesn't swivel, but is the mot comfortable chair I've used, and I added 2 straps to it so I can carry it flat against my back. It's narrow enough that it doesn't hang up in brush. I find that backrest makes a big difference in how long I can sit still and be comfortable.
http://www.wingsupply.com/shop/Scrip....asp?SKU=82247

Quick Reply: Good Hunting Chair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.