Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's that blob? >

What's that blob?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's that blob?

Old 11-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What's that blob?

ORIGINAL: mdbohuntr

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

It's simple, ASAT especially in the 3D wear.
Don't think so. No camo in the world will work without blending into the surroundings. Yea, it's a good product but like anything else out there on the market it won't work by itself.
Actually I'd put money down on ASAT up against any camo on the market in a stand alone situation for animals, animals not humans and it'll out conceal the others.....so again, my answer is ASAT..it's simple.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey PA Bowyer, are you sure you're not the Rob who owns ASAT? We huntedin Alberta with the same outfitter this Nov.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Pick the biggest tree possible and do not be outlined against the sky. No matter the camo, when you are "skylined" the chances are much higher of being seen by deer. Being parallel with trails is also paramount. This time of year especially andfacing the deer trails, well we stick out like a fungus on the side of a tree. I also start hunting on the ground more often using brush, fallen down trees and stumps in the background and foreground. You might be amazed at how many deer will look into the trees as they slowly make their way along trails toward feeding areas after encountering hunters all season.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

You are so right in everything you said couger.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: early in

Hey PA Bowyer, are you sure you're not the Rob who owns ASAT? We huntedin Alberta with the same outfitter this Nov.
No, different Rob, but I know who your talking about and he needs to wake up a bit.....

Good post Cougar Mag.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

I disagree with the ''get higher in the tree'' responses. Next time your in the woods look up 15 feet in a tree and then look up 30 feet in that same tree. Most of the time you will have more background at 15 feet. The higher you get the more likely it becomes that the skyis your background. I used to hunt at 25-30 feet and get picked off alot. This year I've stayed around 15 feet and have had only one deer check me out and even it eventually kept going and offered a shot. The only advantage I see to hunting high in a tree is keeping your scent above the deer, but if you play the wind correctly this is not a factor. When you stay a little lower in the tree you have more background and a better shot angle. I used ASAT camo for the first time this year and I think it helps too. Just my $.02.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey C-WOODS, I agree with what you said and it makes sense!
Old 11-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

PA Bowyer, what did you mean when you said he needs to wake up? Imet him for the first time up in Alberta. He seemed allright.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to pick my stands where there is atleast one hemlock/pine tree very close by.I think this really helps when the leaves fall.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Coug nailed it...

Then, take a peek at this pic as well. How's this for late-season disappearing? Obviously, there's some on here that swear by their ASAT, but this one's the pattern for me:

Quick Reply: What's that blob?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.