Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's that blob? >

What's that blob?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's that blob?

Old 11-22-2005, 06:01 PM

Default RE: What's that blob?

Lefty, I know that ASAT isn't the end-all solution, but if there are any limbs in the background from the field of view that the deer sees, it's pretty darn good. I've worn mine every time I've been out this year, and have yet to be spotted by a deer. Some of them have gotten wind of me, but never were sure they saw me. As long as there are limbs in the skyline above you, the ASAT works like a champ.

DaveH, instead of buying some of the camo material and putting it on my gun hunting treestand this year, I'm going to try your idea of using some branches with leaves. I had thought of doing that before, but your response was enough to make me actually do it.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Branches should help.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

You can do like I do and hunt off of the ground, its a whole new challenge. There is a big difference between having a deer 5 feet from the base of the tree and having one five feet form your face.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:22 PM

Yeah, I like hunting off the ground too, but when you're gun hunting in the mountains, a tree stand gives you the best view. There are certain places I can see from a treestand that I just can't see from the ground. You're right though- ground hunting is a totally different experience.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean, but you'd realy be surprised.......Predator Fall Grey is the answer! Go alittle higher and with a Predator Fall Grey of a ASAT pattern. You dissappear!

GoodLuck!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

It's simple, ASAT especially in the 3D wear.
Don't think so. No camo in the world will work without blending into the surroundings. Yea, it's a good product but like anything else out there on the market it won't work by itself.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:22 PM

Good ole' Michigan pine and evergreen trees!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

For those late season hunts with no foilage on the trees try Sticks N Limbs camo. It blends in very well with the branches and sky. If you have any darker evergreens in the back ground you will stick out. Other wise this camo works very well.
www.bowhuntingstore.com

Konk
Old 11-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use naked north patern by Moutain Prarie. Hunt high in a tree, try to get into the crotch of a big red oak is the best. Plan for sunrise or sunset pending on your hunt.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Lefty26

I'm not buying that ASAT comment, I love my 3d leafy suit dont get me wrong. But if you dont have some background cover they will still pick you off real quick, ASAT isnt some magic camo that is invisible to deer. I always try to look for a tree that has a smaller treenext to it, thesmaller trees branches canhelp break you up. Other than that try placing branches around your stand, I like the fake X-mas tree branches idea might have to try that.
You'd be surprised how invisible you are to game. Yes, sitting in a tree with no cover etc, they might look at you for a second but they'll dismiss you all but immediately. Until one wears it, one doesn't understand....I wouldn't preach it if I didn't wear it or believe in it....I've talked to, waved at and moved intentionally on game I wasn't interested in to test it...simply put, they just can't figure you out. It truly does amaze me. Sure it's not magic, and ya'll can be skeptic but those that wear it, understand what I'm talking about...

Quick Reply: What's that blob?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.