Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit users, please respond >

Summit users, please respond

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit users, please respond

Old 11-21-2005, 03:53 PM

Default RE: Summit users, please respond

summit golith. the best stand that i've ever owned.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:23 PM

I love my viper. Makes the long days easy.

I also recommend the optional foot rest, side bags, and bow holder.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:13 PM

I have had a Lone Wolf and just bought a Summit Bullet which is basically a Viper that folds flat.

Compared to the Lone Wolf, my Summit is much more comfortable and is larger. It weighs more and is a more difficult backpack. I too, run into problems with the cables hitting my legs unless I have it hiked up high on my back. That was my problem with the Revolution and the reason I sold it.

Having the front bar is good and bad. It does make the stand safer, but it makes it a little more difficult to shoot from. That being said, I prefer the front bar.

Comfort goes to the Summit, hands down. The slightly larger platform and the better seat/backrest with more room is worth it to me. I regularly do 4 to 5 hour hunts with no problems. All day comfort is a big selling point.

It is a little more noisy than my Lone Wolf, but with some practice you can eliminate alot of the noise.

I bought the Summit since I needed a stand in hurry after my Lone Wolf got stolen out of my truck. I originally planned to hunt with the Summit for the rest of this year and eBay it after that, but I am going to keep it now. I really like it. For over a 100 bucks less than a Lone Wolf, it is a good deal.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:35 PM

Another vote for the ViperX5....50% off! Thats a deal.
Heck, I'd buy 3 and sell them for a profit and pick up
something else thats on your X-Mas list
Old 11-21-2005, 05:40 PM

Cougar Mag, I was in the market a couple of weeks ago for a new climber, and I went with the Viper X5. I looked at the Razor, with the adjustable bar, and didn't like it at all. The bar is a pain in the butt to move, and I just really think it's a weak point of the stand. If those thin bars were to get bent, it would be all over, they would never line back up. Other than that, it's basically the same stand as the Viper.

I used it for the first time last weekend, and man..you talk about COMFORTABLE! I can't believe it. It is SOOOO simple to use, and very, very safe. In fact, I screwed up and didn't even realize it until I climbed down. I didn't have the cable locked in properly, and the locking "nut" on the cable popped out, releasing the cable. But the design kept the cable in place, and I had no trouble. Needless to say when I climbed down for the day, I was quite grateful.

Also, this stand is extremely quiet, and rock solid in the tree. When I reached my climbing altitude, I was amazed that the stand didn't shake or anything. Rock solid. The supplied safety harness is very easy and comfortable, and I believe one of the safest on the market. Light and easy to carry. I can't say enough about it, I absolutely love it.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have the golith and harbour no real complaints with it. It is a tad heavy but it is a large stand. Have no problem with the cables hitting my legs, I put them all the way in (the last notch in the cable). The top is a bit cumbersome attaching to the tree because of it's size. It's a rather involved process packing it up after removing it from the tree. The rapid climbers take some of the floor space away from the lower platform. Very comfy for long sits. Bar doesn't interfere with shooting but if you shoot anything (bow) over 35 inch's long it might be a concern. Like I said no real complaints, can live with all the above and am happy with it.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the replies so far.If the Razor X's bar is that flimsy then its ruled out. Maybe the Goliath then, I can get it for $130............thats if any are left by Friday.

Again I want to stress its for my 24 yr. old son and since they don't carry Lone Wolf, Summit will have to do because I can't beat the price.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:58 PM

i have the orginal viper which is steel. it can get a bit heavy but nothing to cry about. It is very comfortable 5'-10" 235 lbs. and the run rail does not get in the way shooting and i shot an old XI bow which islonger then most everyones bow I have seen.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

Have a Viper X4 and a Lone Wolf Alpha Climber.

Here's a quick summary:

Weight - no brainer - L/W
Ease of set up - tie
Comfort - Summit hands down
Ease of climbing - Summit by a good bit
Price - Summit
Stealth - L/W by a good bit
Harness system - Summit by a hair
Refinement - L/W by a hair

Each has an application. I wouldn't take the L/W to sit all day, but it's "the nuts" for those after work evening hunts and on exploratory hunts.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:12 PM

Ibought my 19lb Summit Viper XLin year 2000 andwouldn't think of buying any other brand.....It's quiet going on the tree, quiet while in the tree, extremely stable while on the tree (you can stand any where on the platform even on the corners with out feeling any tilt or shifting),a very light 19lb, comfortable to pack in, and the sling style seat is very comfortable. I can sit for about 4 hours without even thinking of standing up to stretch....This is for sure a stand you can hunt out of all day long. The Viper'sfront barwill not hinder your shot.The front bar aids in getting onto the platform by having somthing to grab holdof topull yourself up onto the pltaform. The front bar also provides a very convenient place to lay you bow while hunting and also gives you something to lean into while making standing shots which prevents you from feeling like you could fall off........................The only maintenace I've done is replace the heat shrink on the cables which cost around $15.00 and the platform's boot starp bunji cords which Summit shipped at no charge.
I like theoriganal boot straps onmy 2000 modelplatform better than the new style sturrips that come on the new2005models...........

MySummit is 6 years old and performs as thoughit was new...I can't imagine having to buy another climber during my life time.......The support you will get from the factory is outstanding....I'm sure you will like a Summit Viper.

Quick Reply: Summit users, please respond

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.