Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Who makes the best bow? >

Who makes the best bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who makes the best bow?

Old 10-09-2002, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who makes the best bow?

Whatever feels good in your hands and that you can shoot both comfortably and with confidence. Don't worry about the name on the limbs it won't kill anything but a well placed sharp broadhead from a well tuned bow will doesn't matter who made it!
Old 10-09-2002, 12:11 PM

I shoot PSE and know they make good equipment at reasonable prices with excellent service if anything does go wrong. My buds shoot Matthews and high country and we all kill our share of elk and deer. I just got a new bow after 10 years and I think all the new stuff is really good. Try a few out at local shop then look for the best deal. Good luck and welcome back.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:14 PM

Mathews, of course.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:49 PM

The typical scenerio for someone such as yourself is to scan the magazines and see that Mathews is being pushed heavily right now. So you go out you shoot a Matthews bow and say "Oh my Gosh, I have got to have one of those". If you would go and shoot the top of the line of any of the top manufacturers right now you would find that they all make bows that feel and shoot so much better than your 87 model that you will be astonished. I am probably a little biased since I am a dealer for some of the other companies, but that is typical of what I see. I am not saying by any means that Matthews isn't a good bow. I would have jumped on the dealership in a heartbeat had it been available. Not because they are the best, but because people will perceive them to be because of the hype, so they sell.

As far as PSE not offering top of the line bows or only lower priced bows. I have one Nitro on the shelf I sell at $680 and an Excellerator that goes for $642. This is not an advertisement, just a fact. The Nitro is about the sweetest shooting bow I have had in my hand. If you would like a higher priced PSE, go for a Mach 11. It should cover your $1000 easily.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know of a better bow in the 300$ range than the Martin Jaguar Magnum! Is it as good as a 1000$ Mathews? NO! Is a Mathews 3 times better? NO! Most bows on the market from the major manufactures are good bows!
Just don't fool yourself into believing that a high dollar bow can make up for poor shooting! If a bow is quiet and consistant, it is a good bow! From there, it is up to the person holding the bow!
Frank
Old 10-09-2002, 01:56 PM

For the money, it's hard to beat Jennings Buckmaster Bows! Lots of high-dollar options on a relatively inexpensive bow.

Love my Buckmaster, and it didn't cost over $400. Been to Africa, Argentina, Canada and Alaska with it. Not a bit of problems.

But ALL the quality manufacturers make a good product these days. Matthews, Hoyt, PSE, Jennings, High Country, etc. What is actually best is truly nothing more than a matter of opinion!
Old 10-09-2002, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

I will say BOWTECH.

Old 10-09-2002, 02:58 PM

I just say, don't discount any of them until you've tried it. I personally think that Martin makes the best bang for your buck, but that is just cause it felt the best to me.

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross
Old 10-11-2002, 04:02 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-11-2002, 05:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Who makes the best bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.