Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has anyone used these broadheads? >

Has anyone used these broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone used these broadheads?

Old 11-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Has anyone used these broadheads?

Rocket Buckblaster. I saw them in Cabelas and was wondering how they fly. Does anyone have any experience with these? They look devastating but I wonder if they fly. They have a 2 3/4" cutting diameter and are recommended for higher poundage bows. I'd like to see what these would do to a set of lungs....

Old 11-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Has anyone used these broadheads?

I have some of them, but never used them on game before. I wanted to practice with them before actually using them, however, the fixed blades are extremely fragile, and I keep bending them in the target. I also didn't like the fixed blade retention system. Sorry couldn't help much other to say that I wouldn't use them on game. BTW, I was using a 70 parker feather mag at the time.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not if they were the last broadhead I could buy would I use those. I would rather make one out of rock then use one of those!!! IMO
Old 11-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

looks like they would be good for turkey
Old 11-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great point, I retract my first post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TurkeyT

Thats whatI was thinking!
Old 12-10-2005, 07:48 AM

i wouldn't use them on really any game except for a squirrel
Old 12-10-2005, 02:06 PM

Can't say, I only use fixed blade broadheads. My taxidermist convinced me to avoid using expandables. She's cut her hands 3 times on a broken expandable blades that were stuck on bone. In her opinion (and she knows what she's talking about) expandables can't be trusted. She's found broken blades so many times she charges extra to work on animals that were killed with them. She's also heard so many stories about lost game and most of them were from guys who were using expandables but rarely from people who were using fixed blade cut on contact broadheads. Expandables may cut a wide wound channel but they penatrate like crap unless you use a very powerfull bow. The more powerfull bow you use the worse you are going to shoot. It's better to use a lighter pound bow (I shoot a #55 Hoyt) and shoot accuratly.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:30 PM

A friend of mine uses them and swears by them. He has taken several deer with them, and they make quite a hole. I have used rockets in the past, and they are good heads. I have just never used this particular one.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

my cousin used to use them all the time, I dont know if we ever recovered a deer he shot with them. he seemed to have a lot of penetration problems. we alllways used to call them the spiderman heads

Quick Reply: Has anyone used these broadheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.