Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What a Morning... The Good, Bad and the Ugly... >

What a Morning... The Good, Bad and the Ugly...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a Morning... The Good, Bad and the Ugly...

Old 11-18-2005, 12:56 PM

Default RE: What a Morning... The Good, Bad and the Ugly...

I had a buck last year that I hit in the liver. I found the arrow realized I probaly had a liver hit and backed out for the night. Came back the next day followed the blood trail for about 15 yards before it vanished. I walked all over that mountain looking for that deer, he started running down the mountain soI looked in every area he may have gone and found nothing. After about 4 hours I had given up and was walking back to my stand through some laurel, I saw something brown and looked over and there he was. He had ran straight away from me looped around and laid down 40 yards behind my stand. I had never heard him turn around or come back in. My point is leave no stone unturned, it may seem like a deer is heading in one direction but they can do exactly the opposite of what you expect them to do. Dont give up, and try to look in areas that may not be very obvious..good luck.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What a Morning... The Good, Bad and the Ugly...

A wounded deer has a knack of circling back ,so double check closer to where you shot him,not where you seen him last ,he could possibly be laying right near your stand location .Do a grid one direction near your stand and then a grid the other direction .Hopefully you might find some blood or even better your dead buck.

nubo