HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   It happened to me (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/121326-happened-me.html)

Buckmasterflex 11-16-2005 10:03 AM

It happened to me

Well guys I was headed to my treestand this weekend and guess what? Yea it wasn't there and neither was my trail camera, but for some reason they left my feeder. I wish I could walk up on the people stealing my stuff and I would just unleash a can one someone. You would think that you can put your hunting stuff in the woods and and have "no hunting" and "no trespassing" signs all around and no one would bother them I guess not. Those hunters who steal others stuff because they don't want to spend a little money and buy it thereselves just need to be shot.

RTA47 11-16-2005 10:20 AM

RE: It happened to me

I can understand your frustration. I had my trail camera stolen about 3-weeks ago[:@][:'(]Man I can`t stand a the thief!

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-16-2005 10:22 AM

Sorry to hear that...I cannot honestly fathom how a fellow hunter, assuming it was a hunter can take something like that from one another. There are lowlifes in all aspects of life......[:@] I've never had it happen to me and I'd bet sometime it will...PA's full of them..[>:] Terrible shame, we're hurting ourselves everyday.

recurver67 11-16-2005 10:29 AM

I don't understand how someone could steal .Maybe if we adopted other countries penilties they would think twice about it.I wouldn't want to lose my hands or head for something someone else worked hard to earn.

LA_SWAMPER 11-16-2005 10:30 AM

Man that really pisses me off to hear a story like this. Hunting is a way to get away from all the riff-raff of life, not to have it brought to you. I would really love tosee some s.o.b. taking something of mine. Oh and to the sorry low life that keeps taking the bottom rung off my stand, may God have mercy on your soul if I catch you!

highcountrysp 11-16-2005 10:30 AM

I had 3 stands taken this year. I know who it was I just cant prove it. They are neighbors who border the property and always ride their horses and Four wheelers on the land. Dont get me wrong I coon hunt every weekend but those F*&%#s steal everything. They have stolen a couple of our stands in the past.

Jimimac 11-16-2005 10:46 AM

Sucks man. Been there. Unfortunately it happens all the time and these butt puppets are everywhere.Heck...It wouldn't surprise me to learn that we have some thieves in our midst right here.

Finch 11-16-2005 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

Sucks man. Been there. Unfortunately it happens all the time and these butt puppets are everywhere.Heck...It wouldn't surprise me to learn that we have some thieves in our midst right here.
That is a terrible thing to say but it is more than likely true. Im not sure of how many members are on this site but look at the odds.

I could have a couple of "free" stands if I walked out of the woods with the ones I have came across. I have a climber that I carry in and out of the woods every time I go hunting. That is the only guarantee I have that it will not get jacked. One day I would like to own my own land and feel secure about hanging stands w/o possibility of thieves. Then again, you have your trespassers too.

Jimimac 11-16-2005 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

That is a terrible thing to say but it is more than likely true. Im not sure of how many members are on this site but look at the odds.

Just trying to be realistic about it. No good thieves. Makes my blood boil.

shootnmiss 11-16-2005 11:13 AM

Sorry to hear about that. I had about $300 of fishing tackle stolen at a weigh in this year. Don't know how no-one saw them but they didn't