Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Using Bow during Gun Season? >

Using Bow during Gun Season?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Using Bow during Gun Season?

Old 11-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Using Bow during Gun Season?

It is legal here in PA, but I do not choose to do so. I have thought about it. I have started to hunt with a revolver during our gun season. I love my bow hunting, but it can get a little crazy here in gun season, I still like the added challenge of handgun hunting.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:47 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Illegal in NE where I grew up but in SD, and TX I hunt the gun season with my bow. Rifle season is a great time to spend all day in your stand. Most gun hunters walk around all day and push deer by you all day if you are in the woods. Wear blaze orange though for safety reasons even if not required.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:07 AM

Here in OK I do it. Our archery season runs right through gun season. Last year I shot a buck during gun season with my bow and the check in lady asked if I wanted to put the buck on my archery tag or gun tag.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:37 AM

Legal in Texas.
For the past 9 years I have bow only hunted.
I have mostly hunted small areas and some within the urban areas.
Now we are on a bow only lease so we have to...
My whole family hunts with a bow...the wife and kids don't care for the sound and recoil of the rifle so this is something we can all do togther as well.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in MN it is legal. You have to follow the fire arm Blaze Oarnge laws though. I havnt taken the .280 out of the gun cabinet for 2 years! Strickly archery for me
Old 11-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

In WI it is ILLEGAL to hunt with a bow during our 9 day gun season. You can hunt with a bow during the following muzzleloader season, but must wear blaze orange.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: swanny evans

You can hunt with a bow in Ga from opening of bow season until the end of gun season and the season is extended in archery only areas to jan 31st. I hunt with a gun when the season opens because it just makes it easier if you see one at 80 yards, but i also hunt property in fulton thats archery only.
I have been strictly bowhuntingfor more 23yrs. I also hunt In GA, and I also hunt fulton co. andsurrounding areas.There are lots of places in GA. that are archery only area`s "Countes and WMA`S "ect.
Why do I bowhunt only? I find the Challenges, Thrills, and rewardsof bowhunting to be much more satisfing thanwith any other method.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

We don't have a rifle season. we have an "anyweapons" that is ridiculously long..mind you it is dominated by rifles.. I bow hunt from late August to Dec ... Novembers rut I am under the gun... to say the least.. getfew strange looks when the rifle hunters see you coming out of the woods packing your bow..this time of year..
Old 11-16-2005, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: swanny evans

You can hunt with a bow in Ga from opening of bow season until the end of gun season and the season is extended in archery only areas to jan 31st. I hunt with a gun when the season opens because it just makes it easier if you see one at 80 yards, but i also hunt property in fulton thats archery only.
I think you already know this, but just in case the season for archery is extended ONLY IN: Clayton, Cobb,Dekalb, Forsyth, Fulton,Gwinnett & Rockdale
If you have a place to hunt in Fulton where you could afford another 2 bodies to hunt, I think there is a place in Cobb where I could take you hunting, but I am still scoping it out.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

It is legal where i hunt in ohio.the archery season runs from oct.1 to jan.31 and i hunt with a bow all season.

Quick Reply: Using Bow during Gun Season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.