Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Using Bow during Gun Season? >

Using Bow during Gun Season?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Using Bow during Gun Season?

Old 11-16-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Using Bow during Gun Season?

How many of you guys hunt with your bows through the entire season, bow/blackpowder/gun ect.? Why? Have you run into any problems with gun hunter's. Is it legal in your state? Do you hunt in Archery Only areas?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:09 AM

Default RE: Using Bow during Gun Season?

illegal in Illinois
Old 11-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

I am planning on bowhunting here in WI if I can tag out with my gun. But you have to wear blaze orange.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:21 AM

Really. I wonder why that is. Do you guys have a late season Archery hunt there?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:25 AM

Yeah, archery goes from oct 1 thru first part of January. Shotgun season is this weekend and weekend after thanksgiving.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never understood why it would be illegal to hunt with a bow during rifle season. Afraid we'd have too much of an advantage?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:31 AM
swanny evans

You can hunt with a bow in Ga from opening of bow season until the end of gun season and the season is extended in archery only areas to jan 31st. I hunt with a gun when the season opens because it just makes it easier if you see one at 80 yards, but i also hunt property in fulton thats archery only.

Old 11-16-2005, 08:36 AM

I think in some states it might be a danger issue? It might be a stand issue too in some states. I think some states you can bow hunt from a stand, but not gun hunt. Michigan used to be that way.

In Michigan you can hunt with a bow during gun season, but not muzzle loader, I never understood that one either. During gun season you can hunt with pretty anything that is legal in that area or state. Like in my area you cannot hunt with a centerfire rifle. However you can use a Muzzle Loader, shotgun, bow or crossbow. And up north you can add a high powered rifle to that list. But in ML season it is ML's only. We have a early and late bow season as well.

In my area I don't think you would have very good luck with a bow during gun season though. Things are just too crazy. Maybe if you owned a big chunk of land that no one else hunted.

Paul
Old 11-16-2005, 08:41 AM

Oh by the way, I don't use a bow all season. I will use what ever the most effective means is for that season. I love archery but am not that passionate about bow hunting. Possibly if I owned land I might try it.

Paul
Old 11-16-2005, 08:43 AM

I usaully do but I didn't yesterday due to the rain.I've carried my bow for the last 5 with 50/50 success rate.I just like my bow better and have confidence in it.This year has been bad for us hear,they're saying we lost alot of fawns in the spring of 04 due cold and rain.I haven't seen I buck over a1 1/2 yet.

Quick Reply: Using Bow during Gun Season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.