Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
my own dad putting down sportsman, imagine?? read! >

my own dad putting down sportsman, imagine?? read!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my own dad putting down sportsman, imagine?? read!

Old 10-08-2002, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default my own dad putting down sportsman, imagine?? read!

im working w/ my dad today, he's 63 im 36....... so far so good, so he's running his chin about this guy he used to know,, like he said he got 5 deer in one year, he's real tough, who cant shoot a deer, big deal, and i took offense, especially as a bow only hunter,, i said dad the sport is not the shot or the kill the sport is getting that deer 20 yards away w/ out him knowing it, months of scouting and prep and work just to see if you could get the deer that close,,,,,, the shot and kill are the easy part!!!!!!!! i think he actually seen my point as i was yelling at him!! he never hunted so he has that liberal ignorant perception that thats what its about,,, murder?? right?? just killing like a psycho at a school for no reason!!!!! the sport is the study, tracking and knowledge about the species isnt it?? man!! 6 days till opening day!!
Old 10-08-2002, 08:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-08-2002, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: my own dad putting down sportsman, imagine?? read!

Does your dad like venison? If he does , try turning him on to bowhunting.

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"
Old 10-08-2002, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

actually i never tried to feed him some, although we get along great i quess, he was the first one there w/ a camera when i got my first bow kill, a 6 pt,,, and id say was proud??!! i think if he sucked some fresh inside strap fried in ev olive oil and homegrown garlic he'd have a change of heart!!
Old 10-08-2002, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

My brothers father-in law owns a dairy farm. 300 acres of corn and alfafa and because my brothers wife is a tree hugger he lets no one hunt it! Just Kills me!
Old 10-08-2002, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

where's that woodrow?? thats a real shame!! they just dont get it do they??
Old 10-08-2002, 11:14 PM

I've worked with my dad for nearly seven years now and there is times we don't see eye to eye. Everybody had there own opinion and you must respect that. We usally work it out with out getting out of hand all though there has been those few times.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:13 AM

It's funny, I have a father-in-law who says that deer are incredibly stupid animals, therefore incredibly easy to harvest. Now this is from a guy who grew up on a farm in Me., walked out the back door to shoot deer in the garden kind of thing.

Of course he does go and grab the pictures to show everyone the deer he took when he was younger. Go figure, he must be proud of something he did to bother showing the pics.

Anyway kinda strange.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:31 AM

take them hunting or with you when you are doing a preseason scout let them feel first hand on how it is then they have a right to an opinion,but if they have never been out there then they need to leave it be. I myself converted a anti-hunter about 3 year's ago told him if you want the right to put us hunter's down and actually know what you are talking about then come with me before the hunt and during the man now is one of the group who goes up to our bowcamp every year and hunt's
Old 10-09-2002, 05:38 AM

All ya can do is agree to disagree. State your side of the story and hope he understands. Shoot, we have enough folks on this board sometimes that will trash what another hunter say's!

Quick Reply: my own dad putting down sportsman, imagine?? read!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.