Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Blood trailing "AFTER DARK"...... >

Blood trailing "AFTER DARK"......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blood trailing "AFTER DARK"......

Old 10-08-2002, 04:18 PM

Default Blood trailing "AFTER DARK"......

I saw a similar topic posted recently aimed at which light is the best after dark but I was wondering if any of you have ever used that Tinks BLOODTRAILER (or maybe it's called BLOODHOUND). The product claims to have an ingredient in it that makes blood glow in the dark and claims you can spray it in a 3 or 4 ft "mist" on trail and will show the blood.

If this product is for real, it ought to be a great aid for recovering animals after dark. I wish someone would invent a light that makes blood glow in the dark...Thanks ahead...Fletch

KEEP THE WIND IN YOUR FACE.... FLETCH
Old 10-08-2002, 04:40 PM

Default RE: Blood trailing "AFTER DARK"......

I always use a lantern. It seems to make the blood glow better. Just my opinion though.

"Playing under the table and dreaming"
Old 10-08-2002, 04:40 PM

i never read the thread on what light to use when trailing, could someone leave a link for it or clue me in on what was said?
I would really really appreciate it!!

I just updated my website. Go check it out. I have big bucks, paintings, my drawings and more. Sign the guestbook while there.

www.geocities.com/mvp_bballer/

JC
Old 10-08-2002, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

I know of a product like this called Starlight bloodhound. I have not tried it though, but it sounds interesting.

Old 10-08-2002, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing works better than a few buddies and a few coleman lanterns , except maybe a good dog.

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"
Old 10-08-2002, 05:27 PM

Haven't tried it yet but I have read that using a blue light lens on your flashlight brightens the look of blood. In 5 days when I can start hunting I will let you know if I need to use this.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:34 PM

Thanks ma_hunter, I'm looking forward to your report..Fletch

Good Luck All....Fletch
Old 10-08-2002, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I herd hydrogen peroxide does the same thing. Spray it on the blood and it glows.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Coleman lantern!!!! I am color blind and have a very hard time seeing blood on the ground. That lantern makes it glow and very easy to see even for me!!!
Old 10-08-2002, 07:51 PM

Boy do I ever second Bowfanatic on the buddy thing. Spent 2 dark hours last night and then 1 this morning before I found the blood trail, and then 2 more after that on the trail...sure would have been alot quicker with 3 people. Spent alot of time moving my markers as the drops where 10 yds apart at times, or more. Never found it - got to the sleep spot and alot of blood and then nothing after the 300yd trail. It crawled under brush and downed trees, 2 ravines and down a deep creek and along it under brush, jumped lots of thorn brush piles (blood on top of 5ft tall thickets). Must have been a bad flesh wound and we were driving it looking for it. Never found it.

I did not notice that daylight really helps (except for finding blood on limbs and dry grass) as it really shines at night if still wet on leaves and green grass. My first kill and track was last week on opening day and it was not too bad with a big square flashlight. The blood just glows and I use a shiny marker to place on the last spot [water bottle]. Had alot of retracing and the marker really helped. This might have also been easier as this was a trail(s), were as above one started in the middle of field, very tough at night, and I never found it until 9am.

Quick Reply: Blood trailing "AFTER DARK"......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.