Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2005 buck story & pic >

2005 buck story & pic

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2005 buck story & pic

Old 11-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2005 buck story & pic

This a.m. started the sme as everyone with me, questioning myself if I really wanted to go and hunt in this godforsaken wind. With a little coaxing from my better half (which really meant she wanted me out of the house[:'(])I decided to give it one more try. It is sometimes really hard for me to keep my enthusiasm up when it is late into the bowseason and I haven't seen a decent buck.
Well as I finished my shower I grabbed my towel off the counter and low and behold my wifes makeup mirror goes crashing to the ground. Of course shattering it into millions of little fragments. That really made me think it would be best to just get right back in the sack and catch forty more winks but my wife was having none of that.
So here I go and the next dilema for me, where do I want to sit? I thought about driving over and borrowing a stand from Antler Eater but I procrastinated so long that it would have put me past sunrise by the time I got over there and even later by the time I got into the stand. Well I decided to go back to the stand that I have hunted from for the past few weeks hoping that it wasn't burned out.
I got to my stand around 6:15 a.m. and settled in for another uneventful morning hunt. Around 6:45 I decided to give the rattle bag a good thrashing mixed in with a few grunts from my grunt tube. I wasn't expecting much just like the last thousand times I tried to rattle something up and came up empty handed. Well surprisingly to me this time the outcome was going to be in my favor. It wasn't five minutes after I did my sequence when I caught something moving out of the corner of my left eye. When I turned to see what was coming all I could see was the body of a deer. I had a feeling that it was a buck by the color of it's coat. The deer finally stepped from behind the big oak tree and much to my surprise he was better that I had expected. Truthfully he was the best buck I have seen from the stand this year. The buck then advanced to about ten steps directly behindmy tree. With bow in hand already I drew back and got into a good shooting position. Once I checked to make sure all was clear I squeezed the release and THWACK. The buck kicked higher than any buck I have ever seen. Then 20 yards and about 30 seconds later the excitement and my bowseason were over. Not the best buck for me but definitely the onethat made me work harder than I have in all the years past. Sorry so long. No Antler Eater am I either. I only wish I could write like him and bowhunt also.

Old 11-13-2005, 03:50 PM

Default RE: 2005 buck story & pic

nice looking buck! Good thing you got outta bed
Old 11-13-2005, 03:50 PM

Nice!
Old 11-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like a brute. Great job. And there's alot of us that wish we could write and hunt like Antler Eater!
Old 11-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta love the ones the make you work for it. Congrats on a nice buck. Bet that will make you think twice about throwing in the towl.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a great buck! Congrats!..Hopefully I'll take one of that caliber sometime.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck. You never giving up paid off. I guess that broken mirror wasn't bad luck.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

He's still a dandy, iowabob!!

Congrats; it's nice when all that work pays off!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya he is already at the locker and I am planning to do a european mount on him. Anybody direct me to the place I can get some instructions on doing it????????????? I figure he will probably score between 105 and 115. But as hard as it was to get him I don't care what he scored. Thanx for all the comments.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bobby, what you talking about man, he is an outstanding buck!!! Look at that symetry!!! Look how tall he is!!! He is beautiful!!! Look at that shot!!!

Hey very good photo to by the way!! Is this a new location?

Way to go, you and old Merlin make a good combination!!!

Quick Reply: 2005 buck story & pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.