Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Crossbow recomendation... >

Crossbow recomendation...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crossbow recomendation...

Old 11-13-2005, 06:14 PM

Default RE: Crossbow recomendation...

Horton Legend LX 175 is what my friend has and it is wicked cool and fast. Easy to pull!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Spike

I am going thru pysical therapy and can't hold up my Matthews. Next year I will (if able) go back to my compound, because it is more quiet. I bought the xbow because I LOVE to deer hunt and being out in the woods. I still have to be out in the timber, setting in a stand, and do everything you do except draw the bow. I have deer hunted enough, there is not anymore challenge with a vertical bow then a xbow. In Iowa you can't use a rifle, but with the rifles I have, they would not be a challenge until 800+yds. I am not saying xbows are for everyone, but you should have a choice. Its not any more advantage to use the xbow, then to use a modern compound with all the tricks, over a primative recuve
Old 11-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an Excalibur Exocet and love it, but I don't use it anymore.
Like Doug said the X-bow got me into bowhunting,I probably wouldn't have got my 1st deer with abow (compound)this season if I hadn't started with a x-bow.
I highly recommend the Excalibur, its strong and simple, recurve limbs so theres very little that can go wrong with it, and very accurate.
The only reason I bought it was to take advantage of longer archery seasons up here (rifles only 2 weeks long), but then hated carrying the awckward thing around so I bought a bow.