Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Crossbow recomendation... >

Crossbow recomendation...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crossbow recomendation...

Old 11-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Crossbow recomendation...

Hey Guys,
I am curious what you would all suggest for a crossbow. I have heard the Excalibur is excellent, but hard to pull.

Any suggestions or tips/advice would be great.
I plan to hunt deer, and possibly moose with it.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2005, 05:44 PM

Default RE: Crossbow recomendation...

I've got the Parker. It's great because it has a thick forward stock which is better to keep your fingers out of the way of the string. Believe me your finger placement is going to be the last thing on your mind when that monster comes threw! It also has a nice one dot grand illusion scope.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:19 PM

Tenpoint makes the best crossbows on the market. I have the Titan and it shoots wonderfully and adds lots of confidence to my hunts. Most of my groups are nearly touching each other out to 35-40 yards.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:04 PM

I really like hortons, and they'll put tight patterns at 40 yds no problem...However, I think the TenPoint are probably a little higher quality...I hope they are, cuz they's mucho pricey.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:30 AM

Unless someone is disabled i dont think a crossbow should be allowed. Why dont you just use a gun, i dont get the challenge in using one. Maybe thats just me though.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: HandB274234

Unless someone is disabled i dont think a crossbow should be allowed. Why dont you just use a gun, i dont get the challenge in using one. Maybe thats just me though.
Maybe you should run for office so you can change whatever laws you see fit
Old 11-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davester

I've got the Parker. It's great because it has a thick forward stock which is better to keep your fingers out of the way of the string. Believe me your finger placement is going to be the last thing on your mind when that monster comes threw! It also has a nice one dot grand illusion scope.
I have the Parker Magnum and love it !

MASS RULES
DD
Old 11-13-2005, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Duse500

ORIGINAL: HandB274234

Maybe you should run for office so you can change whatever laws you see fit
Your right maybei should.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Spike

HandB274234
Have you ever shot a Xbow? I used to shoot a Matthews. Now due to shoulder surgery I shoot an Excalibur Xbow this year.
After shooting both, The only difference I see is you don't have to draw back. The Xbow shoots the same distances as the Matthews, only ALOT more precise. You still want to be under 35yds. The Xbow is alot louder than the matthews. I don't see why only handicap people should use Xbows. I think you could get alot more people into bowhunting if they were allowed. Kids to senior citizens.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:08 PM

Why shoot a crossbow? Go with a bow or a rifle man.

Quick Reply: Crossbow recomendation...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.