" />

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

N.Y. Rut

Old 11-12-2005, 03:51 PM

Default N.Y. Rut

I saw a nice 8pt. behind a big doe this morning and another nice 8pt. in a nieghbors back yd @ 1pm. It's begun...get out there!
Old 11-12-2005, 04:18 PM

Default RE: N.Y. Rut

It's on in NY, get out there!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:52 PM

Haven't seen anything even remotely close to rut activity. Was on stand all day today and saw does with their little ones and no signs of bucks even close to their tail. Very poor outlook for anything here in western NY since gun season starts a week from today and every yahoo and their brother will be out trying to sight in their guns at the last minute.

Bummer.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:08 PM

IM not convinced its on in NY yet. IM thinking mid week into next weekend. The moon will help. IM out though.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:12 PM

My vote is in to cancel all states gun season. Atleast here in OH. Put all this hard work into hunting, and one person can come along and screw it up in one day, let alone a week.....
Old 11-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

I'll be rifle hunting in Washington county Sat & Sun. Hope your right.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:23 AM

I'm on vaca this week, so I hope it's still in full swing.I saw a big 4 point trying to mount a doe last week.
I was'nt in my stand,though...I was on my way home.I was on I-90 west,in the middle of PineBush.They were only20 feet off the side of the road,,with hundreds of cars going by.He did'nt care one bit,,and she did'nt seem to mind either.
I have 3 tags to fill,so if it's brown,,and gives me a shot
Old 11-13-2005, 04:12 AM
Dominant Buck

My nephew in NY stuck a nice 10 pointer yesterday AM. He was hounding a doe like he'd never gotten any before. Rut should be on in NY. Should have already been out there.

Old 11-13-2005, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen 5 deer dead on 690 that were all bucks. A friend got a spike that had a huge neck and skunk like "RUT". I saw a 5 point work a scrape that I got a huge 8 point on the trail cam I put there cause I saw the 5 point work it. It's in!!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:28 AM

Folks, the rut is in full swing probably alittle past peak rut in NY. The reason some people are not seeing many bucks is because this is the worst time to hunt. All the bucks are bedding down witha hotdoe in isolated locations, hardly moving at all. However, this is the time of year when you can see a buck you never knew was in the area. You also should hunt ALL day this time of year. Not an easy time to hunt, thats why I love the pre rut.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.