Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tinks 69

Old 11-12-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Tinks 69

I was using it today, a doe stuck her nose up in the air toward the scent station, and bolted.... Did she just get nervous, or is this supposed to happen when using scents?
Old 11-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tinks 69

I've never heard of that. She may of smelled your scent over there where you put the tinks 69. I'll try mine today and let you know how it goes. Haven't tried it all year.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Patriot15

I've never heard of that. She may of smelled your scent over there where you put the tinks 69. I'll try mine today and let you know how it goes. Haven't tried it all year.
Never heard of it either.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:23 AM

Okay, well maybe it was just me.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:56 AM

Unless for some reason she was intimidated by it. If she felt it was a dominate doe, she may have bolted.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:04 AM

Didn't think of that. She bolted, and a couple others behind her followed suit. That is what sucks. Really wouldn't mind if some doe wanted to hang out by my stand.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:29 AM

I've seen this happen 100 times. A doe who is not in heat will almost turn inside out trying to get away from a doe who is in heat. Why? Because, she does not want to be harrassed and chased by a big horny buck when he gets a snootfull of a hot doe.
I have found that live does make a better attractant for big bucks than ANY pee-pee in a bottle. If you really think you need to use some magic estrous scent, and if it will give you the confidence you need to stay out there longer, cut it at least 50% with regular doe urine. This does not seem to put the does on alert nearly as bad, and bucks will still come to investigate.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:16 PM
RMQ

I've had Does do that to me too; I used to use Tinks 69 in scent canisters set up around my area and scrapes; but after seeing Does bolt from it several timesI now only use Tinks on a rag for a scent trail IDrag through my area and the Does don't seem to mind this as much.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:27 PM

What happened to you is the very reason I will never use any type of estrous lure again. 2 years ago I had a 130" 10 pointer following a doe right by my stand. The doe had already crossed my shooting lane and the 10 pointer was on a string right behind her.Everything was fine and I was about to draw my bowwhen the doe got downwind of my scent bombcontaining doe estrous. She turned inside out and blew and ran down the hill taking my 10 pointer with her. I am 100% certain had Inot had out the lure she would have walked right past me and the 10 pointer would be on my wall watching me type this.I will never use any type of estrous lure again!
Old 11-12-2005, 03:36 PM

These things happen. All deer like people act different to various situations that they encounter. I use the same doe PEE and just prior to shooting a 140" class buck. Ihad four different does stop and smell the ground where I placed a few drops on a trail. His mistake was that he came to sort me out thinking I was another buck. Try different things because you never know!

Quick Reply: Tinks 69

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.