HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   [Deleted] (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/12057-deleted.html)

Deleted User 10-08-2002 09:49 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

VAhuntr 10-08-2002 10:18 AM

RE: Which Summit stand for bowhunting?

I use the Bushmaster but any of the Summit stands are excellent choices. I prefer the open front of the front of the Bushmaster for bowhunting and I like it for gun hunting as well.

BrianDamage 10-08-2002 10:22 AM

I bought a Viper Extremem XL, and later bought the top 1/2 for the Cobra...now I sue the Cobra top for bowhunting, and the Viper top for gunhunting (got used 1 time last year:) )
[*]NRA Annual Member www.nra.org[*]TNUSA Annual Member www.tnugent.com[*]NAHC[*]GOA[*]IDPA

Jeepnut 10-08-2002 10:22 AM

Most will probably recommend the cobra or bushmaster for bowhunting because those don't have the front bar to get in the way. I chose to go with the Viper because I like the little extra security that the front bar provides. I don't feel that the bar really interferes that much. Bottom line is you can't go wrong with any of these.

Deleted User 10-08-2002 10:36 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Deleted User 10-08-2002 11:15 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

jetblast 10-08-2002 12:38 PM

I bowhunted for 2 years out of the viper. Before that, an old amacker deer thief (ouch!). I thought this year I'd try something different and got an API GS Bowhunter stand (without the front bar). Now that I got the API, I wish I'd got the cobra (for minor reasons only). I like being able to sit and shoot at something that is coming to me (easier). Summit are easy to carry, setup , and pack.

kc_bowhunter 10-08-2002 01:55 PM

Viper XLS

P-TONE 10-08-2002 02:49 PM

For bowhunting the only way to go is with the COBRA. The padded back rest is worth the extra money I think. I got to try them all at the proshop and I think it is the best bowhunting stand out there.

The only problem I have had is the rubber is coming off the cables in places, but they can be replaced after a few years.

If your not very physical fit you may want to get a stand with the front bar like the Viper, they little easey to climb with.
good luck this season.

BrianDamage 10-08-2002 05:22 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
How much difference does the padded seat back make on the Cobra vs. the backless seat on the Bushmaster? Seems to me like you've already got a tree to lean against, and a cloth covered seat back is just more to brush against and make noise. Any experience?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

you'll make more noise brushing against the bark on a tree than against the back of the seat...my experience has been that most of my clothing snags on tree bark.

I've had zero problems with noise from my Cobra or Viper - IMO, the seat back is WELL worth it.

I didn't have any problems with the Viper, just that you have to stand up to shoot...with the Cobra, you can take a seated shot if you are able to

as far as feeling more secure with the bar of the Viper, when I wear that good 'ol Seat 'O' the Pants full-body harness (supplied with every Summit stand ) I could not feel safer..I have fallen asleep several times and have not even come close to falling out (If you thinkn about it, falling forward while sleeping in the seated postion is uncommon...you tend to try and go backwards, not frontwards)
[*]NRA Annual Member www.nra.org[*]TNUSA Annual Member www.tnugent.com[*]NAHC[*]GOA[*]IDPA