Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is bowhunting the only sport you guys take part in? >

Is bowhunting the only sport you guys take part in?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is bowhunting the only sport you guys take part in?

Old 11-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: other sports

Will play/do anything. I've got a pretty decent gym in the basement, so I keep in shape - play some flag football over the fall, paintball and rollerhockeyyear round, spring turkey hunt, downhill skiing, mountain biking (downhill and xc), surf (when I can get to the beach, which is NEVER, grrr), hunt varmints all summer, golf.

It's hard, because, with bowhunting being my favorite pastime, everything else goes on the back burner. When you throw the girlfriend into the picture, it doesn't leave much free time. So that makes it hard to get actively involved in any particular league or sport, due to the time constraints. I've had to find leagues/groups that play at a moment's notice, as opposed to on a schedule (which usually includes Saturday games, that I can't attend b/c of hunting).

Paintball is one of the newer things that we've started, and it's really awesome. You can play with the neighborhood kids, or a bunch of old farts, and it's fun every time. If you have the equipment, it's easy to get a game together on Sundays around here. A really good cardio workout.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunt, flyfish, snowboard, golf and weight lifting are what keeps me busy. With bowhunting and flyfishing being my true passions. Oh yeah and I have a great girlfriend lol.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

I love to Spring Turkey Hunt, as well as Snowmobile in the winter. I play American Legion Baseball and football when i can, i might get into college baseball as well, if my elbow holds up. But other than those, I will play just about any sport, i love to be competitive and i really enjoy it!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is bowhunting the only sport you guys take part in?

Golf in the warm months and Bowhunting and an avid Crow hunter in the colder months. I throw in some ATV riding and the time is shot in the butt!

This pesky work thing eats up to much quality time!

I do turn in to a Gun Hunter for the annual pilgrimage to the PA hardwoods the week after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:49 PM

golf, street basketball in the summer, but now college and lifting take up my time and when i can i hit the woods or the nearest pond
Old 11-10-2005, 02:19 PM

Any lax players in ny want to get a pick up game?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:30 PM

Asid from my family and church commitments that I relish,I love to play soccer . That comes to a screeching halt during deer season--soccer that is--but I do continue to do some cycling, and weight training in the evenings so I can keep my girlie figure!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:54 PM

pro roller hockey, weightlifting, fishing, playin' w/ the box the baby hopefully won't come from anytime soon
Old 11-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I race in the Super Truck division on a weekly racing circuit. So April to the end of Sept. I mess with race trucks every evening. Than 2 saturdays a month we have a short track racing school for the public and I am an instructor for that.I do get in spring turkey hunting, and fish when I get the chance.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a rugger, played for bsu until I got hurt....to bad for me i guess. broke the leg and the ankle, but i love the sport

Quick Reply: Is bowhunting the only sport you guys take part in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.