HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   High and Low Pressure Systems (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/120392-high-low-pressure-systems.html)

mathewsotb22 11-09-2005 11:27 AM

High and Low Pressure Systems

Which one is the best to hunt and why? What is the difference in the two and what type of weather conditions are associated with each? Any help is appreciated

Mathewsboy 11-09-2005 11:38 AM

RE: High and Low Pressure Systems

I prefer HIGH pressure. I usually shows up after crappy weather, associated with a low pressure. THe skies will, clear, cooler dry air, and the deer love to move and feed. At least thats my experience. I shot my two best bucks to date hunting that way. A low is usually wet weather.

Double Creek 11-09-2005 11:46 AM

What he said........ Plus a High typically includes a rising barometer...... Which IMO, is always good......

Mathewsboy 11-09-2005 11:49 AM

Yeah, that too.. :D

Joe D. 11-09-2005 11:58 AM

On the contrary, the low pressure moving in will get an animal on the feed. Most animals detect falling barometers which associate bad weather on the way. Deer sense the barometer falling and will be seen feeding before a storm before they bed down for shelter. When the weather man predicts a good storm coming your way, especially a snow storm, the best time to be in the woods is the day up until a few hoursbefore it actually occurs.

Kind of reminds me of the phenomenon when people flock to the store before a storm for bread and milk:D

PatriotDually 11-09-2005 02:21 PM

In my experience no doubt the LOW pressure, anytime it gets cloudy the deer around here move, and if i can get it to drizzle rain. I wont leave my stand, the deer roam like crazy. Joe said it,, when a storm is forecasted, get in the woods!!!!

Virginiashadowhunter 11-09-2005 03:37 PM

Here where I hunt, when the weather gets mildly crappy, ie a LOW pressure system, I seem to see alot of deer movement. I really wish I could have gotten out today, a 5-7 mph wind, low 60's, overcast, slightly drizzling, and that smell in the air of fall. I hope tomorrow and Friday are the same, gonna hunt hard.

vashadowhunter

recurver67 11-09-2005 03:44 PM

Low pressure as stated.

liquidorange 11-09-2005 04:29 PM

LOW FER SURE. i would go hunting any time i could regardless. you wont catch much fish through the ice when its high too[:@]

MOTOWNHONKEY 11-09-2005 05:02 PM

Low is a favorite of mine also. I just prefer cloudy off and on drizzely days. The deer seem to move a little more for me. But I have killed just as many on blue bird days without a cloud in the sky. It is all about putting alot and I mean alot of time in the stand.