Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My first seasons been tough >

My first seasons been tough

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first seasons been tough

Old 11-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default My first seasons been tough

I hope my luck will change..tonight i had an eight pointerpass my stand at 45 yards...chasing a doe..Way my lucks been all season..Maybe It'll change or maybe it won't but i'm hooked nonetheless. Ive been caught drawing twice by two different bucks...It's very difficult because i hunt from a blind and they were both within 8 yards of me...But hey what are ya gonna do...Shotgun season starts in a little while and it kinda upsets me...I still have about 10 days..Then it'll sound like WW3 in my neck of the woods and i won't have a chance with my bow...But i still gotta alot ofbow seasonsleft...lol..I've learned alot this year...Unfortunately the hard way..lol...Now things get serious...The ruts started and the seasons coming to an end...I guess i'll just double lung him tommorow or in the next 10 days..If i don't he'll be even biggernext year..Hell a doe would be nice..I still kick myself for missing at 10 yards earlier....But my first shot at anything bigger than a squirrel with my bow...My first shot at any big game animal...It happens...But not again if i can help it...Anyone else's luck been this way all season long too? I hope not..lol...I see deer so i guess i cant complain to much...Well anyways Good luck to all for the rest of the season...Matt
Old 11-08-2005, 06:57 PM

Default RE: My first seasons been tough

Hang in there.
Keep praticing
Practice with your broadheads
You'll get one
Old 11-08-2005, 07:01 PM

Stay with it and you will score, the best time for that trophy is now. Good luck and hunt hard!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

You are gaining experience and learning from your mistakes. Hang in there and keep at it. Your luck will change. At least you are getting some excitement..better than what i have been seeing. Good Luck!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:23 PM

Be patient. It took me two seasons to get my first Bow Kill, and that was 2 months into my second season. Remember, you can't shoot a deer in bed.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Lol I know...I've been out everyday this season...Im lucky that i have that much time...Now just a little luck...lol
Old 11-08-2005, 08:14 PM

yeah, ditto what everyone else. my first year was rough, i had nobody to tell me what to do except the fine folks on here. i pretty much made stuff up as i went along. just hang in there, this is the best time of the year to hunt. my first kill didnt come until my second year either..although i had plenty of missed opportunites my first year..
Old 11-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Patience is a big thing when it comes to hunting, especially bow hunting.
Just hang in there and one day it will eventually all come together and be worth it.
Trust me...if it can happen to me then it will definitley happen to you....Good luck.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:26 PM

Hey Hoyt, what kind of deer sightings are you getting? If you are sighting deer, are they too far off? I was just thinking if that was the case then maybe you should start working in areas that shorten the shooting lanes down....maybe funnels and such that shorten the potential shot distance down to 30 yards or under...just a thought. I know in the area that I hunt, once I started to really think about how deer move and where I could intercept them where they were "forced" to move into a 30 yard shot or less, my success improved. Best of luck to you bud.

vashadowhunter
Old 11-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

stay positive and keep focused, bowhunting is 99%mental . hunt hard and long this time of year, put in your 6-8 hours a day and be mentally prepared for that 5 minutes of excitement when big boy dogs that doe by you