Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just my luck this season.....another nice one >

Just my luck this season.....another nice one

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just my luck this season.....another nice one

Old 11-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Just my luck this season.....another nice one

Some of you might recall that I took a real nice 9 pointer earlier in the season. Well, I usually take the last week of archery season off to hunt the rut but this year is a little different for me. I went anyway, figuring I'd try to fill my doe tag and take in the sights and sounds of the rut, which by the way is really starting to pick up in my area.

I sat in the very same stand I took my buck in early this season and low and behold, another real nice buck came in this morning, right under my treestand! Luckily, I carried my digital with me and got quite a few picks of him, including a breif video off the camera as well. He's about the same width, but has better mass than the one I took. Oh well, hopefully, no one in camp will shoot him later this year and he could be a real dandy next year.

I just can't believe the luck I'm having at getting them at close range this season. Go figure.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:48 PM

Default RE: Just my luck this season.....another nice one

That's a nice buck.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a dandy thurrr
Old 11-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Cool. Question....how high up are you in your stand. I always wonder about these TV guys. Cameras are deceiving and it's hard to tell. I'm just trying to see what heights people really hunt at. Again, cool deer.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

David, I was at 20ft when I took this pic. I usually don't like being any lower than that, especially with a climber. Its too hard to hide those things. I found that at this height, I hardly ever get picked off, even from the side.

One note. I picked up a PMI cover system at Cabelas this year. It has worked extremely well for me this season. Its very easy to setup and you can position the limbs however you need them once you're setup.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have a side view of that buck? He looks like a nice one.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunatly, I did get a lot of looks at him, just not pics from the side. He came in through the thick stuff and was on top of my before I could get good pics like the one I posted. He's a decent buck, but his G2's are maybe 5-6" max. But he has real good mass so I'm assuming he has a little age to him. Hopefully, he doesn't get whacked by the orange brigade that hunts around our property. He may be a good one next season.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

NEAT!!!

Nice buck indeed!

Good job!!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can almost see the camera shaking as you took that photo. Thanks for the great pic.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Neat is right! Did he hear your shutter at all? I've always wondered about that...

Quick Reply: Just my luck this season.....another nice one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.