HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Falling asleep in the Stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/120228-falling-asleep-stand.html)

kshunter 11-08-2005 11:51 AM

Falling asleep in the Stand

I rarely fall asleep in the stand, until last week. I've been getting up at 4:30 for 4 days in a row, and hunting from sunrise to sunset. At about 1-2 PM I find myself using a nearby branch as a pillow. Do you ever sleep while on the stand?

G-Dawg_02 11-08-2005 01:06 PM

RE: Falling asleep in the Stand

I try not to, but sometimes it is hard to stay awake, especially when nothing is moving! That is when you wake up to Mr. Mossy Horns 15 yds away staring right at you.. Oh well, now you can just dream about him... I don't miss in my dreams!:D

G-Dawg_02 11-08-2005 01:07 PM

Oh yah, just remember to wear your safety belt!!

badshotbob 11-08-2005 01:23 PM

The first deer I shot with a bow I woke up and there he was, 10 yards.

I try not to sleep in the stand, but wow the woods is a great place to fall asleep. I'll prop my foot up against a branch and tuck my head into the split in the tree behind me and catch a few.

rdneckhntr 11-08-2005 01:51 PM

I already have a coupletimes this year only to wake up twice looking over my stand!!!!! I caught myself before i fell though.........(and i was wearing my harness) Then another time i woke up to two does looking at me 20 yrds away............that kinda sucked too.

NorthernHunter 11-08-2005 02:02 PM

I fell asleep while on the ground one afternoon many years ago. But, I have yet to fall asleep in the stand. I do close my eyes and tilt my head back to relax, but my ears remain very alert.

I'll be in your shoes next week. Nex Wednesday I am hunting from sunrise to sunset and then again Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday so I might report that i did fall asleep from hunting too hard!

Hoytteen 11-08-2005 02:52 PM

i do somtimes..especially when nottin movin..one time i was in my stand i slept till 10:00 at night and my body hade to come over and wake me up

MO_Bowhnter 11-08-2005 03:17 PM

I nod off but dont let myself fall asleep because as I'm going out, I get the feeling of falling forward and that aint a feeling I like to have in a tree.[&:]

mobow 11-08-2005 03:32 PM

Snorin's just as good as a buck grunt..........right?? [8D]

Jackson Bowner 11-08-2005 03:39 PM

I only rest my eyes from time to time. I have found that you can't drive a car with your eyes closed and you similarly can't shoot a buck with them closed either.....:D