Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Meat for the freezer >

Meat for the freezer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Meat for the freezer

Old 11-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Meat for the freezer

Just wondering, do you shoot buttons on purpose, or just mistake them for a doe?

Congrats.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:44 PM

Should have no problem filling that freezer if you're willing to shoot fawns.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Just wondering, do you shoot buttons on purpose, or just mistake them for a doe?

Congrats.

I shot him on purpose..........I didn't know (or care) what it was.......it was going in the freezer. I wanted some meat and didn't really care what package it came in. My brother shot a doe the day before so we filled some Zip-Loc's the next day
Old 11-09-2005, 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: 6ptsika

Should have no problem filling that freezer if you're willing to shoot fawns.

I am ready, willing and able.

My Stinger Buzzcutts don't discriminate
Old 11-09-2005, 10:40 AM

Those little guys are always the best eatin!! Congrats.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Buzzcutts at work
I just recently switched from my 2 blade Stinger over to the buzzcuts. Obviously you seem to like them so far. How was penetration? Pass thru?
Old 11-09-2005, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Buzzcutts at work
I just recently switched from my 2 blade Stinger over to the buzzcuts. Obviously you seem to like them so far. How was penetration? Pass thru?
You are gonna love them even more when you send one at a deer. You already know how well they fly.........and you can see the entry hole in my pic. The shot was a clean pass-thru and the exit hole was just as nice. Blood was easy to follow and he was found in no time.

So far I have had nothing but 100% perfect performance from Stingers. They are so freakin' sharp that if you hit the boiler room I think a pass-thru will happen a very high % of the time.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

What.......are you 4'8"[:-] or does that button buck have long arse legs or is it the angle or what? Have you considered having him mounted? I would...he is a trophy right? I mean, anything taken with a bow is a trophy right? And what a testimonial to "buzzcut" broadheads to take down such a beast of the timbers...heckuva entrance wound....ooooooh! But I bet that if you would have let a loud fart you might have just scared the poor thing to death and saved dirtying your lethal broadheads. Wow, and the meat your gonna get off that monster...I bet if you butcher really carefully and don't waste anything you may get a whole bowl of chili from him but you may have to add a few more cans of beans which is good because that could result in more flatulants that could result in more dead deer scared to death.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, nothing like tender venison.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:55 PM

I am not going to bash your kill since I made a mistake shooting a button once also thinking it was a doe. but I do have a quick question:
What will you guys do when NY imposes the 3 points or better on one side law, Will you still shoot to "fill the freezer"? Or will you just shop the meat section at price chopper like the rest of the civilized world?

Quick Reply: Meat for the freezer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.